[Albion] Is Potter 1 game away from being sacked?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Potter be sacked if we don’t beat Norwich?

• Don’t be silly he is doing alright

Votes: 206 84.4%
  • 7 games without a win - sack him

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"Well played, Graham."

"Cheers Antonio. Don't forget to pick up your 3 points from the gift shop on your way out."

View attachment 146102

Conte in the post match press conference, with fruit machine eyes:

“I really love the way Graham plays the game, it’s so beautiful and I hope he has a long future at Brighton”.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
We'll swap you Scott Parker :kiss:

Nah, seriously wouldn't wish that on you guys.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Potter clearly isn't doing alright at the moment.

Hughton's worst run of consecutive defeats during the shambolic 10 points from the last 17 games was 4.

Potter's now on 6 and counting.

That said, I don't think Potter will be sacked.

He's been let down by player sales of key defenders without adequate replacements.

And a failure to improve our striking options which has contributed 1 goal in the last 9 hours of football.

We've never properly replaced Glenn Murray.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We'll swap you Scott Parker :kiss:

Nah, seriously wouldn't wish that on you guys.

Looks like he's going to get you up? Mind you it might be worth getting rid then if Fulham was anything to go by.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Hughton's worst run of consecutive defeats during the shambolic 10 points from the last 17 games was 4.

He's been let down by player sales of key defenders without adequate replacements.

And a failure to improve our striking options which has contributed 1 goal in the last 9 hours of football.

Maupay has the same numbers as Murray in the PL not an excuse, Maupay can’t and never will be able to play as a loan striker, unfortunately the manager can’t see it.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Looks like he's going to get you up? Mind you it might be worth getting rid then if Fulham was anything to go by.

Its grim viewing though and yep Fulham fans were right all along. If we do get up then we're cannon fodder next season.

Better the devil you know I guess, clearly you're safe but after our last couple of years scrambling around in the PL I can understand your frustration.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The fans no longer believe, it seems the players don’t either anymore, we have a carousel of injured key players, the manager has had his squad weakened and we have zero luck. Lack of backing has done for Potter, he should walk away and wait for a club with the finances to implement the style he wants to play. I am still a massive GP fan but he has taken us as far as he can as an Albion manager imo. We need a younger Roy Hodgson to play the type of football our budget is good for. I won’t like it but a pragmatic CH style football is what we need given our project’s finances. Most fans will be delighted with a backs to the wall 1-0 win at home

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The fans no longer believe, it seems the players don’t either anymore, we have a carousel of injured key players, the manager has had his squad weakened and we have zero luck. Lack of backing has done for Potter, he should walk away and wait for a club with the finances to implement the style he wants to play. I am still a massive GP fan but he has taken us as far as he can as an Albion manager imo

The guy is ****ing useless. Now others have spotted that fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The fans no longer believe, it seems the players don’t either anymore, we have a carousel of injured key players, the manager has had his squad weakened and we have zero luck. Lack of backing has done for Potter, he should walk away and wait for a club with the finances to implement the style he wants to play. I am still a massive GP fan but he has taken us as far as he can as an Albion manager imo

He’d thrive at a Leicester or Newcastle with a proper budget. They’d give him players with pace and goals, the Albion either can’t afford that, or flatly refuse in 5 years to go down the pace route of Wolves/CP.

In essence, we’re a very poor man’s Citeh, a possession based team based on playing chess to make openings. Incredibly hard to achieve success in that mould with a budget that’s, for example, a third of Villa’s.

Sitting ducks for the 15+ clubs that craftily wait for our rope-a-duck mistake to destroy us on the counter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports