Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Oatway suddenly ahead of Rodger?

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I've noticed in the last couple of games and indeed as predicted in the expected line up bit on the official site - that the midfield partnership seems to be Charlie and Chippy with Jolly on the bench. Is Jolly one of the senior players that SC expressed his disappointment in at the Forum? Or am I reading too much into it. I hope I am 'cos IMHO Jolly is one of our best players and gave our midfield an extra dimension last year .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you're on the wrong board for football chat :ohmy:

Today's menu is drinks, holidays and sexual perversions

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes. The official site has Harding in midfield rather than Jones as well!

Usual :censored: I think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could we be throwing our toys out of the pram if the official site is right;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Could it just be kidology? :D

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
according to "The Times" today Rodger has been released by us. and

paul rodgers has signed for sutton !!!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Icy Gull said:
I think you're on the wrong board for football chat :ohmy:

Today's menu is drinks, holidays and sexual perversions

Sorry about that - what I should have said was:- I was surfing the net on holiday in Tenerife while drinking 15 pints and taking my wife up the shi*tter, when I noticed that Oatway is ahead of Rodger in.....

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
its a ploy i reckon, coppell keeps his cards close to his chest, and the expected line up has been wrong before

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This has got to be a piss take!

If Oatway started instead of SR then id start worrying that Coppell really is a Palace double agent!

Wouldnt mind Harding instead of Jones though!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oatway isn't half as good as Rodger, i can only assume maybe Rodger has a slight knock or Coppell has had a funny turn...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I reckon it will be Rodger & Oatway with Harding on the bench

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
its not like the expected line up has been wrong before...

our expected line up against Wolves away according to the offical site

Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers; Watson, Cullip, Blackwell, Mayo; Hart, Carpenter, Rodger, Marney; Barrett, Zamora

so hopefully Coppell is trying to bamboozle the opposition again

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Simon must start... Charlie is a squad player only... I hope Jones doesn't start... give youth (Harding) a chance!...

but Oatway (for all his faults, and I can't belive I'm defending him) will give us more physical presence in midfield to protect the defence, something we lacked last season in Div 1, but he shoud be good enough for Div 2

pick him i say

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think charlie has looked quite commited pre-season. I would give him a chance. I agree with whoever said they thought simon rodger could have been one of the players SC was disapointed with pre-season. It would make sense. If charlie has a mare then reconsider.:clap2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe anyone would prefer Charlie to Jolly!... Jolly is div one class, Charlie isn't... full stop, end of story!...

Simon can create, but is also good at winning the ball... Charlie can only do the latter well... Jolly can also shoot... shame he doesn't do more of the latter IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here