Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm chilled, save your prayers. When you take a group of people and tell them they are privileged and oppressors, then take a different group and tell them they are the victims of that opression, do you think it's going to unite these groups or stir up resentment? A lad in Cork got sliced up the other day by a gang of oppressed lads. That is where this bullshit is heading. There will be retaliation, violence. Summer of hate?

Video circling on twitter tonight of a police officer badly beaten up by some black youths in Hackney as many others watched in laughing and recording it. It's already happening.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Brexiteers must be terribly confused. They voted to get rid of folks with foreign heritage

Was wondering who was the sole weapon dumb enough to thumbs up you posting this stupidity.
Not surprised it is [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]. Not surprised at all. At least both of you pretending to ignore me does not prevent me from discovering this.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Video circling on twitter tonight of a police officer badly beaten up by some black youths in Hackney as many others watched in laughing and recording it. It's already happening.

Oh....hang on....I thought all police were racist thugs..........

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Brexiteers must be terribly confused. They voted to get rid of folks with foreign heritage and now there are people out there standing up for their human rights and for equality. Their tiny minds must be blown.

There have been some very telling posts on here since these protests began.

Hopefully when the full extent of the Tory lies about Brexit are understood we will see similar passion form UK citizens. Especially from those who were conned.

I think you are terribly confused. Why are you posting garbage about Brexit on a thread about historical statues. There is a thread specifically on Brexit and it occupies almost every waking minute of every day for about ten people, in general, who are obsessed about the subject and one of those is you. Its bad enough coping with a sector of society who want to pull down every historical artefact in this country without being reminded of the bitterness and rancour surrounding Brexit, that certain people want to perpetuate for the rest of their lives.
I know...I'll just pop over to the Brexit thread and post something about statues in the EU.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What difference does it make? They are there to arrest criminals regardless of race, gender etc. I think my suggestion of stopping and searching those who statistically are most likely to commit knife crime makes total sense.

you are unaware that this has been tried before?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Couldn't agree more, but be careful saying that on here, you'll be called a racist quicker than you can say BLM.

With knife crime I would take a statistical approach and start by looking at the demographic of the main perpetrators of knife crime, so age, gender ethnicity would be taken into consideration I would then apply the same demographic test to the victims of knife crime, once a profile of both has been established I would announce that if you fall within that demographic you can expect to be stopped and searched between 6pm and 6am. It will never happen but to me it makes total sense.

Awaits the usual suspects to swoop in.......

I'm guessing you are being ironic, I think, no hope...!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lord Baden Powell’s statue being removed today, how many lives did he change for the better, in fact how many lives in the UK and beyond has the Scout movement as a whole shaped?

No doubt some on here will be loving every minute of it, enjoy your day in the sun, let’s hope the UK we live in as pensioners in 20 or so years time is everything you wished for?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm chilled, save your prayers. When you take a group of people and tell them they are privileged and oppressors, then take a different group and tell them they are the victims of that opression, do you think it's going to unite these groups or stir up resentment? A lad in Cork got sliced up the other day by a gang of oppressed lads. That is where this bullshit is heading. There will be retaliation, violence. Summer of hate?

Your right and what's happened over the last couple of weeks has actually set this country back years, not forwards.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lord Baden Powell’s statue being removed today, how many lives did he change for the better, in fact how many lives in the UK and beyond has the Scout movement as a whole shaped?

No doubt some on here will be loving every minute of it, enjoy your day in the sun, let’s hope the UK we live in as pensioners in 20 or so years time is everything you wished for?

Temporary storage. I think the council are following his advice ‘be prepared‘.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Someone else flippantly mentioned the flattening of the pyramids (built by slaves), how about a bit closer to home Stonehenge. I'm guessing it wasn't a gang of YTS students that dragged some of those Bluestones 200 miles...

In all seriousness though I can't make my mind up about the whitewashing (pun intended) of history. You can find offence in probably every person who is ever put up to have a statue made of them, maybe not always on the grounds if racism, but other equally valid reasons Dame Maggie of Grantham for starters...

As a further aside, will all those whose statues are now being ripped down have their titles removed.

Will families whose ancestors built their wealth from the slave trade and other dubious means have their country homes, estates and bank accounts raided?

Where does it end?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Someone else flippantly mentioned the flattening of the pyramids (built by slaves), how about a bit closer to home Stonehenge. I'm guessing it wasn't a gang of YTS students that dragged some of those Bluestones 200 miles...
There is a stark difference though, statues are erected to celebrate the individual which is what really causes the disdain.

In all seriousness though I can't make my mind up about the whitewashing (pun intended) of history. You can find offence in probably every person who is ever put up to have a statue made of them, maybe not always on the grounds if racism, but other equally valid reasons Dame Maggie of Grantham for starters...

I give it less than 1 week from erection that statue will be vandalised :)

Will families whose ancestors built their wealth from the slave trade and other dubious means have their country homes, estates and bank accounts raided?

Some redistribution would certainly be welcome, why should they live such privileged lives built on the ancestors of those who (many of) still live in poverty?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Columbus statue pulled down and destroyed in the States!!!!!!!
Ignorance knows no bounds. This will now go on and on and on. Anything is fair game now. It will be the ' Royal ' statues next. Someone in high authority has to show some moral courage now and put a stop to this nonsense. People are literally going mad in front of our eyes. If these BLM marches continue, there will be mass confrontations in the streets. Tension is rising. It has to be diffused.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Only taken him 4 years to get round to it, you'd have thought if he cared that much it would've been one of the first things he when he become the London mayor, its as if he's jumping on the bandwagon.
So, if when he was elected Mayor of London his first act was to put in place the removal of statues that he felt were racist... How do you think the mainstream media, especially print media, would have responded? He would have been targeted as a loony left nutter for putting statues ahead of poverty, deprevation and welfare for Londoners first.

There are always things in society that adapt or change, he is responding to peoples desire for change. Statues never used to be an issue but now a great many are viewing them in a new light.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Temporary storage. I think the council are following his advice ‘be prepared‘.

It apparently said on the TV it was on the BLM target list, and they would 'house it' elsewhere in the future.

A very sad day, when mob rule wins the argument.

What next, Crass guesting on the Britain's Got Talent?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Amidst my concerns for Baden-Powell and alike, the obvious knock-on effects are of more interest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52999812

gf.JPG

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So, if when he was elected Mayor of London his first act was to put in place the removal of statues that he felt were racist... How do you think the mainstream media, especially print media, would have responded? He would have been targeted as a loony left nutter for putting statues ahead of poverty, deprevation and welfare for Londoners first.

There are always things in society that adapt or change, he is responding to peoples desire for change. Statues never used to be an issue but now a great many are viewing them in a new light.

Although we don’t actually know for how many people this is an important issue. No-one has asked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here