Is no statue safe?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Well, I assume the poster is inferring that they were black but then black people seem to be in the minority on these protest marches. They are dominated by young white women ( most of whom would otherwise be in seats of learning and not have time on their hands ) aged late teens to early/mid 20's. Lets call them the spoilt generation. White middle class. No struggles in life. Everything provided and paid for. All have passed through our dumbed down education system. All think they are brighter than they are. All want to campaign on whatever rights issue is fashionable at the time. Not old enough for Brexit vote....Trump against women....Climate change...BLM....bring them all on...the more the merrier. Its not enough to protest peacefully. Its better to keep screaming your message over and over again, on the basis that hysteria works better than quiet consensus. After all, they know best. You can't have any tolerance in society for values that existed years ago. Those people should have known better. They shouldn't have been slave traders or racists or colonialists.
Its all pretty mixed up when people are calling for the boycott of white owned shops, destroying public monuments and putting pressure on broadcasters to remove programmes that are now, apparently, offensive, when you can find a number of reference points to Winnie Mandela around London. Roads, houses,schools etc. Probably one of the worst racists who has ever lived. Who was instrumental in the torture and killing of thousands. Who revelled in seeing opponents wearing rubber tyres filled with petrol, round their necks and then setting light to them. Ghastly women. An object lesson in brutality, racism and intolerance.
Think a letter might be winging its way to Sadiq Khan but there again, I'm probably wasting my time. Churchill will be removed before Winnie Mandela.

I could fry my breakfast eggs on the latent heat of that post.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ah right yes silly me you are right, it was on the 'to do' list and after 4 years he's finally got round to it. Wonder if the Nelson Mandela statue is on his 'hit list' because when all said and done he is a convicted terrorist. Before the usual 'troll' 'moron' 'racist' insults come raining down on me from the NSC elite I've not said that I think it should be I've merely 'wondered' if it's going to be pulled down and stated a fact 'convicted terrorist' .

you have obviously never been busy

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Couldn't agree more, but be careful saying that on here, you'll be called a racist quicker than you can say BLM.

With knife crime I would take a statistical approach and start by looking at the demographic of the main perpetrators of knife crime, so age, gender ethnicity would be taken into consideration I would then apply the same demographic test to the victims of knife crime, once a profile of both has been established I would announce that if you fall within that demographic you can expect to be stopped and searched between 6pm and 6am. It will never happen but to me it makes total sense.

Awaits the usual suspects to swoop in.......

Where is the 'boast?'

:shrug:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Surprised no one has mentioned the church gravestones in Rottingdean :eek:
On the news earlier, two gravestones have been covered up because they have offensive wording.
I'm not putting up what the offensive words are because they are, offensive.

Not actually sure how they survived for this long.

Ha ha. I know those. They’re near my parents and grandparents. They’re a definite double take when you see them. You would have to be looking to take offence - either way.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Be 'baffled' all you like, I don't give a sh%t who defends our statues as long as someone does, so if a load of sandal wearing bearded guardian readers want to rock up armed with bags of quinoa and flasks of fairtrade coffee to use as weapons to repel the 'protesters' I'm in support of them.

are you going then, mung bean?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
ah yes the 'small minority' defence much beloved of the BBC and the Guardian. Well Dominic Cummings is a 'small minority' of the population but that didn't stop the smug left going to town on him did it.

embarrassingly desperate :ffsparr:

are you reading this barren?

you don't stoop to this level of discourse, you actively roll around in the gutter in it

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I wonder how many of the 4 brave souls who mugged my nephew and his 2 friends at knifepoint in November 2018 in Bristol for their wallets, concert tickets and phones were at the BLM protests in Bristol last Sunday.

they lied about that incident

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not having met them or indeed know who they are it would be very difficult to give a definitive answer. One would hope that the targeting of innocent young lads waiting in a park in a town they didn't know whilst killing time before attending a concert was a one off and those individuals have now 'turned their lives around' and they no longer threaten people with a knife in order to rob them.

they were attempting to purchase illegal substances

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Its better to keep screaming your message over and over again, on the basis that hysteria works better than quiet consensus. After all, they know best. You can't have any tolerance in society for values that existed years ago.

you are describing right wing fascists?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow!, who would have thought this thread would end up in a binfest of this magnitude?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not given it much thought to be honest. I do find it amusing how it's suddenly become the 'in' thing to 'protest' about, why wasn't it an issue last year, or the year before or ten years ago? We love a 'cause' here don't we, I expect the people who have a major problem with historical statues were the same one's who last year were banging on about 'mental health awareness last year as that was the 'in' cause last year. Next!!!

current affairs? :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Keep them, don't rewrite history. I'm not in the least bit bothered about them, if there was a statue of a person of colour who used white slaves where I live (newhaven) it wouldn't bother me at all, it's history, I'm not a slave my family aren't.

do you think that bit makes any sense?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I never said it was perfect , I made it very clear there is still racism and we still have a way to go in the UK But it is a lot better than it was, certainly even 25 years ago . Let’s look for the positives . British people are by and large nowdays not racist . We have come a long way .

well lets go all the way

it's fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports