Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no one watching Netherlands v Costa Rica?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ref was a joke letting Krul get away with that. Just laughing about it. Some seem far too concerned about being mates with the players. Ref in the Argentina game was hugging Higuain before the 2nd half kicked off and saw a similar thing earlier in the tournament where the ref was all but swapping shirts with a player in the tunnel. They may know them from club level but a subtle acknowledgement should be enough. Sends a very poor message about their impartiality I think.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He wasn't just looking at them though. He was delaying the penalty and taunting them. Unsportsmanlike and a yellow card - which is presumably why he stopped doing it for the later penalties and started going walkabout instead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He wasn't just looking at them though. He was delaying the penalty and taunting them. Unsportsmanlike and a yellow card - which is presumably why he stopped doing it for the later penalties and started going walkabout instead.

Even the going walkabout is bookable (delaying the kick).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was horrible wasn't it.

He should have been booked at least

Yes, thought it was pretty awful but the ref was letting everything go in this game. Kinda hope the Argies do the Dutch in the semi's, memories still fresh from the final in 2010 where they kicked the hell out of Spain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always thought that a shoot out went at the pace of the kicker, I wonder what would have happened if the Costa Rican's just put the ball down and took it

Highly unlikely the ref would have let it stand, but it would have been funny, and you can bet Krul would have been on his line a bit quicker for the next one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here