Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Nicky Forster actually a bit shit?

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Controversial I know but I have failed to be impressed by Nicky Forster during any game this season.

Last season he was spot-on (until the last few games when it was obvious he needed a rest).

However, this term he has looked laboured, started diving and worse still has turned into even more of a moaner - not ideal for a captain of a struggling team.

People say we have one of the best forward lines in the league but I honestly think Murray looks better upfront on his own.

He rarely looks like getting away from defenders, seems to have lost his acceleration and constantly moans at players (like having a go at Robinson for shooting tonight and not crossing to him even though he was miles behind play).

I still think he has something to offer and probably seems a weird time to raise it in the wake of a good cup win, but I just think had Robinson been putting in Forster's recent performances he would have been slated.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
f*** sake. You're on a roll tonight.

What happened? Did you lose a bet in the pub tonight and for one night only you've got to be Withdean Wanderer?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
f*** sake. You're on a roll tonight.

What happened? Did you lose a bet in the pub tonight and for one night only you've got to be Withdean Wanderer?
Don't feed the idiot.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm pretty sure Forster dived and moaned a lot last season. Neither made him shit then, they don't make him shit now.

In conclusion, "no".

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Sullivan was class. Hinshelwood and Elphick handled Holt well and I thought it was nice to see Whing looked composed and solid and getting forward.

I know Forster isn't SHIT shit but he certainly isn't as good as everyone on here makes out.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Personally, I believe he preferred playing under Wilkins...He freely admitted last season that he was the fittest he had been for a long time and was enjoying his football.
Throughout his career, Forster has been prone to injury and he started this season well, scoring goals but then got injured and missed quite a few games.
He has just lost that little bit of edge at present but as he always does he will click again at some stage and start scoring in clusters.
On form, he is the best we've got....we need to stick with him.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Nicky Forster :bowdown:

Looked a lot better early on in the season before his injury but it is not easy coming back into a losing team...

Last edited:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Didn't Forster have a spell last season where he didn't score for a few games and all the nobheads were saying what a waste of money he was, old and past it etc. He's got a reasonable return this season whilst playing in a not very good team and being injured. I bet he still gets 15+ goals this season.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thaught Forster had a good game tonight, its not easy playing up front at the best of times, but considering nearly EVERY ball that went to him was in the air or 5 yards away from him he did well to hold it up.

One thing I did notice was that as soon as one of the Full Backs got the ball there wasnt one Brighton player who made a run down the line. They just kept hovering between the full back and the centre half which made it easy for one of them to cut out any pass forward.

The one time a player did make a run down the line (Thornton) it stretched out the two defenders and created a hole for one of the midfielders to run into!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell Largey you're a hard man to please. Firstly you moan that a match between two poor teams (relatively speaking) wasn't on a par with something like Man U v Arsenal. Now you're saying that one of the players in the 'worst televised game ever' is a bit crap. Well, yes, compared to Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc Nicky Forster IS a bit shit - that's why he was playing in a technically-poor game and why you won't be seeing him on MoTD.

I do think you've started two rather stupid threads both of which stated the obvious; you may as well moan that, Elphick is nowhere near as good as Rio Ferdinand for example. No wonder people think Brighton fans are the worst whingers in football.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The one time a player did make a run down the line (Thornton) it stretched out the two defenders and created a hole for one of the midfielders to run into!

I thought that Thornton played a blinder last night and ran his socks off.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Forster is the sort of player that gets in fantastic positions and he WILL bang in goals. He more often than not takes his chances aswell, he's a player that any team in our division wouldn't say no to and he is DEFINATELY not shit.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
If we actually gave hime the service he craves, then he'd be able to deliver. When he's not getting the ball in the right areas it's going to make him look like a headless chicken. IMO, Cox and McCleod are the ones who should be slated not once did they get to the byline and whip a cross in.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Our best performances this season?

Man City at home.
Millwall at home.
Leicester at home.

Probably the three best teams we have played. Won two games and the other on penalties.

Goals scored: Nine.

Minutes played by Nicky Forster: 0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here