Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Nick Clegg really sorry??

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Pfft. As if. If they weren't unvoteable (yes that's a word) before, then this has nailed it. With the Tories rewarding tax avoiders, rich bankers and effectively culling the sick and disabled and Clegg with his obedient puppy demeanor ignoring his own pledges and doing what he is told like a good bitch it's difficult to see how anyone other than Labour will be in power at the next election.

Which, some would say, is why we're in the shit in the first place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He sold his soul and the integrity of his entire party, believing wrongly that he was going to 'share' power. He's embarrassed himself and committed long-term political career suicide.

Of course he's sorry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's an absolute turd. He sold his main policies for a whiff of power. The tuition fees one was huge, and we're also stuck without PR for decades because of the bungling fuckwitt. I am a natural Lib Dem voter but won't be voting for them whilst this clown leads the party.

Camicus

Forgemasters did for that when he promised help then sold them out he dosnt come to sheffield without a hefty police guard nowdays

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
Also, I think I'm right in saying that Labour's offer to form a coalition included a promise of no student fee rises. But Clegg gave that all up for the small chance of bringing in AV voting.

He came to my university and promised no fee rises to thousands of students. Then after the election there was a Question Time style evening put on by the Politics Society and the Lib Dem representative unfortunately "got caught n the snow". No backbone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
from what i gather, he is sorry that he made a pre-election pledge.

for once im confident this is very genuine - politicans are always sorry for making policy pledges that they have to then deal with once in power. how was he to know he'd have to go through with it? :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What's he apologising for exactly?

For betraying young people? Nope.

His principles? Nope.

Letting down anyone who voted for him? Nope.

He's 'sorry' that he promised not to f*** the youth in the first place. What a prize wanker.

"Say sorry for punching me in the face" "I'm sorry for saying I wouldn't punch you in the face"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here