Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is McDonalds addictive?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rarely EAT there, except at the services when I'm driving for work.

Regularly nip in though, for one of the new mocha frappe things, which are FANTASTIC. Seriously. No cream or sauce for me though, cheers.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
These days the only times I eat fast food is at a motorway service station or late at night if I'm out and about and really hungry.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is my opinion (only - very hypothetical) that hyper processed food like McJunk et al is the big reason for spikes in obesity, diabetes and various cancers.

I think there's a fair bit of evidence to back up that opinion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Like others, I rarely eat there. On the rare occasion that I do will be travelling on the motorway, or airport... but I would like to be the first in NSC history to admit, it tastes good :thumbsup:

(although I prefer Burger King)

Airports too, forgot that.

And yes, Burger King >>> McDonalds

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Airports too, forgot that.

And yes, Burger King >>> McDonalds

Burger King BURGERS are better than McDonalds. Burger King CHIPS are utter SHITHOUSE though, chewy rubbish.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Never been inside one in my life, and don't ever plan to

The pictures of what they sell look deeply unappetising

By all accounts the content of what they sell is pretty toxic and health-damaging

They are a notorious, cheap labour american multinational, and deserve boycotting on those grounds alone, IMO

Nothing in this thread inclines me to change my mind on these points

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never been inside one in my life, and don't ever plan to

The pictures of what they sell look deeply unappetising

By all accounts the content of what they sell is pretty toxic and health-damaging

They are a notorious, cheap labour american multinational, and deserve boycotting on those grounds alone, IMO

Nothing in this thread inclines me to change my mind on these points

Their CHIPS are TASTY.
As for the health side of things, its plainly obvious that its not health food, and as with all such things, you need to moderate your intake.

That said, the food is locally (UK) sourced, and prepared in much cleaner environment than your average chippy or indian takeaway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I'm going to eat chips, I much prefer thick freshly hand-cut ones, to those anaemic thin, machine-cut pre-frozen monstrosities that places like McD sell

That's fair enough. Most people probably do.

Next time you're peckish on the high street of any town though, and you've got a POUND in your pocket, good luck finding what you're after.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's absolute nonsense to say it's addictive, there's nothing in a Big Mac that makes you crave more, it's just good wholesome food and you want more because they lovingly prepare each burger just for you.

Anyway, where the **** is Stat Brother with my ****ing order? He KNOWS I need it now, I said I'd pay him when I had the money and, like I just need like, one more fix then I'll stop, honest, I'll get myself clean.

*Sweats and paces up and down furiously*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't even finished walking the dog.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten, quaterpounder with diet coke, right?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's fair enough. Most people probably do.

Next time you're peckish on the high street of any town though, and you've got a POUND in your pocket, good luck finding what you're after.

Grabbed 4 cheesburgers for McD last night after the game, 99p each. Told the wife and kids that had we spent that at the Amex we would have had to share one burger between us all. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here