Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Maupay any better than Sam Baldock

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's because not everyone has your eclectic taste in music!!!

On that note, Mrs T has 'banned' Mrkitty in this house, on the grounds of inappropriate lyrics. I beg to differ. But I will do some research. Music, eh? ???

All the best from down the road, as always, HWT :thumbsup:

RyansTache

Aug 6, 2019
Goals after 16 games in their Premier League debut season...

- Maupay: 7

- Drogba: 6

- Torres: 6

- Higuain: 5

- Suarez: 4

Worth bearing in mind that Maupay is still only 23 too. Drogba was 26 when arrived, Torres 23 too, Higuain 31 and Suarez 24. Plus those players mentioned came from top tier European sides. And although none of those players had the good fortune to play in front of Groß, I think they were probably still had plenty of chances to score.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
This aged well ^^

Just thought Maupay was missing too much sitters, proved wrong now

Sorry for the misjudgement, but reading through this thread is quite entertaining

Never thought this would be such a big thread

나의 LM-X510K 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Well said. We all get it wrong at times, but it takes guts to admit it.

You didn't get it wrong Korean seagull, Maupay WAS missing too many sitters, so no apology is necessary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Threads like this are a pet hate of mine. So disrespectful to Sam Baldock - who was bloody brilliant for us in the Championship and a key, key part of our promotion. Poor taste.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Threads like this are a pet hate of mine. So disrespectful to Sam Baldock - who was bloody brilliant for us in the Championship and a key, key part of our promotion. Poor taste.

This.

And...four pages? ???

FFS.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Goals after 16 games in their Premier League debut season...

- Maupay: 7

- Drogba: 6

- Torres: 6

- Higuain: 5

- Suarez: 4

That's interesting. Did the others come direct from abroad? Which could mean that Maupay needs less time to acclimatise coming from the EFL to the PL than coming from overseas leagues?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he's here next season I'm naming my Fantasy Premier League team after him.

I named this year’s fantasy team after the lovely little French fella. Naturally, I’m very pleased.

My friend at work (massive Brentford fan) declared him the best he’d ever seen play for Brentford. When I mentioned ‘Andre Gray’, he laughed and replied ‘different league’.

Jimmy Grimble

Agreed.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Agree. Loving what Maupay doing for us. No need for a slight on Sam Baldock, who did a great job getting us promoted.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I am concerned that it seems that Maupay's goals ratio per chances is not good and in this league you do not get 6 chances to possibly take one.

are you gonna bite the bullet on this one?

and also........

so........ you were a scout, once?

really?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes - different class.

Sam was great at a Championship club but that was his level. We have unearthed a real good 'un in Maupay I think

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It is an opportunity to appreciate Maupay, BUT I always liked Sam Baldock and appreciated what he did for us. You could never accuse him of not putting in a shift, and contributing something very worthwhile!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here