Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Liam Bridcutt our greatest ever holding midfielder??

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I know it's impossible to compare generations but if Nobby Horton in his pomp could have driven us forward with the brilliant Bridcutt holding the midfield then we'd have the perfect combination in the middle of the pitch.

D

Deleted member 2719

Same height as Makalele - and to be fair, he does well against tall players considering. He often holds his ground rather than jumping and wins the ball that way, as we saw many times today.

Yep, he reads the game so well he is always under the ball early so those bigger chaps have to push him out of the way.

He does actually make me shiver sometimes.

:drool:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm struggling to think of a better one to be honest.....

MODS....Please ban!

1st rule of NSC, don't mention how good Bridcutt is.
2nd rule of NSC, don't mention how good Bridcutt is.

Unfortunately ITV may have broadcast images of Bridcutt being f***ing brilliant, I do hope we hold on to him for a while.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is getting close to emulating Brian Horton as a midfield general.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yep, Horton is the other name that comes to mind. On form he bossed most games. Yet Bridders has a slighter physique so his impact is even more amazing. Consistently our best player again this season. I really hope we can hang on to Liam - he is pivotal to our chances of the play offs or better. I really hope he is being talked to about a big contract extension, it will be good investment.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Bridcutt is the best player i have ever seen in a Brighton shirt. Way too good for the championship.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bridcutt is the best player i have ever seen in a Brighton shirt. Way too good for the championship.

Have to agree, an unsung (by outsiders) Hero for us. Was MOM after just 10 mins today. A quality player that will surely reach the very top of his profession.

Things to consider
1. Would Liam go if the offer was good enough? Deffo
2. Do we need the money? Doubtful
3. Should we hold him back? No
4. Would Gus make him stay? Not a prayer.... And rightfully so.

I hope no other clubs watched the game today. Wishful thinking on my part!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Have to agree, an unsung (by outsiders) Hero for us. Was MOM after just 10 mins today. A quality player that will surely reach the very top of his profession.

Things to consider
1. Would Liam go if the offer was good enough? Deffo
2. Do we need the money? Doubtful
3. Should we hold him back? No
4. Would Gus make him stay? Not a prayer.... And rightfully so.

I hope no other clubs watched the game today. Wishful thinking on my part!

I would hope that the club would reject any offers until end of the season at least. Liam makes us tick. If we have any play off ambitions this season he surely has to stay. He is the 1 and only player that in my opinion is unreplacable

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I'm struggling to think of a better one to be honest.....

Kishishev - only joking! Bridcutt is the best I can ever remember. Don't understand though why so many people are panicking about losing players in this transfer window as I don't think any will go until the summer.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
He's the real deal.

Defensively WORLD CLASS, no exaggeration.

I think there might be a little. Impossible to call him world class when he has never played at the top level.

Best DM I've seen play for us tho, excellent balance and awareness plus he loves a tackle.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Same height as Makalele - and to be fair, he does well against tall players considering. He often holds his ground rather than jumping and wins the ball that way, as we saw many times today.

Ditto, Mascherano. Height can be made up elsewhere in the team.

Bridcutt is near perfection and improving all the time. A model pro.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Although playing systems were different then - I still dont think he's as good as any of Danny Wilson, Brian Horton, Peter OSullivan, or Jimmy Case. For allround football ability, I have never seen anyone as good in a Brighton shirt as Brian Horton (yes I even think Horton pips Lawrenson). But thats only since 1970.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here