Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is lewes to blame for all the problems

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
List all the things Lewes can be blamed for:

I will start you off:

1006 Lewes granted powers to mint mainly to pay Danegelt
this was a mr Danegelt who was the local planning officer in charge of the planning application for the new castle which the locals did not want well thats not quite true they all wanted it it was just a few not very democratic twats trying to stop progress any way they lost mr Danegelt could not be bought and the castle went up shortly but the sneaky democratic twats moved a Norman nob in power around 1066 and we still have a Norman nob.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Billy the Bastard and his Normans cannot be blamed for everything. He cannot be blamed for having German parasites on the throne of England.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
perseus said:
Billy the Bastard and his Normans cannot be blamed for everything. He cannot be blamed for having German parasites on the throne of England.

There's more Scottish blood in the royal family than German but don't let that get in the way of things.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The big question for me is whether the land on which Lewes castle was built was an AONB, the fact that there must have been little else of note standing when they first started laying the foundations should suggest that it was. I now believe that if Falmer is turned down, due in part to the actions of LDC, we should press for retrospective planning permission for their castle. If this is denied, which there must be a fair chance as the area on which it stands is far nicer than that around Falmer, they should be made to pull it down and return the surrounding area to its original state.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here