Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Leo the best albion striker since Zamora???

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Best since BZ? Better than Murray? Early days yet - he's started well, but let's see if he can sustain it before making a judgement. It wouldn't be the first time we've brought someone in who's looked the bee's knees at first but has then tailed off...........

Still, 7 in 10 (I think) is a good start - I'll be well pleased if he can keep that up!

This.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Best since BZ? Better than Murray? Early days yet - he's started well, but let's see if he can sustain it before making a judgement. It wouldn't be the first time we've brought someone in who's looked the bee's knees at first but has then tailed off...........

Still, 7 in 10 (I think) is a good start - I'll be well pleased if he can keep that up!

I thought it was 8 in 11. Including Arsenal of course.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He hasn't needed a settling in period. Very impressive.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
No point in raising comparisons as indeed it is pointless to keep plugging on about GM.

Ulloa is, to my mind, somewhat above as he seems to be everywhere, looking for the ball, his movement is amazing, his awareness fantastic, his touches and flicks, the holding and progressing either for his own movement or to pass to others is excellent.

Whilst I hope that he will stay with us for a long time, I am over the moon that Gus has possibly turned up an 'icon'

Another terrific performance today - if any Spanish speaking person conveys this to Leo then I hope he understands just how delighted I, for one, am with his Albion start.

Does anyone have a Twitter address for Leo ?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Absolutely the best since Bobby Z
His all round game is so much better than Murray.....imagine when he has a pre season behind him, gonna be awesome

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
BOOM BOOM BOOM

let me hear ya say
LA-OHHHHH
LA-OHHHHH

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He looks the compete striker good with both feet, strong in the air, holds the ball up and always seems to be in the right place in the box

We certainly have some striker on our hands and what a difference he is making

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Above Glenn already. Murray was poor for a couple seasons then truely special at L1 level (all be it on and off most of the whole season) in his contract year.

Ulloa has been exceptional at a much higher league standard all be it over a medium term. If he continues half this form going he'll completely eclipse the sulky one rather than just be ahead of him. You have to include all of Murray's L1 career with us not just the good times.

Zamora back in the day was truely special but Ulloa COULD be that good now. Both of them together in the Prem now that would be worth seeing (though Bobby might only last another season or so even rotating off the bench at quite that level).

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, he can defend,hold and shield the ball,bring in other players and also score with head and feet very similar to Lord Z.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here