Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Laudrup's success a threat to us?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
same as I thought when raising my initial post, Gus definitely will be on Jenkins radar, especially as we are now playing better and at a higher tempo. Laudrup looks a decent guy, I can see him never publicly touting for another job as he has class and encouraging the Swans best players to sign extensions so doesn't weaken the team just shows that, but that doesn't mean he's not going, only that he will go in a dignified way if an offer arises and with the Swans fans and chairman's good wishes - We need to better hope we get promoted this year because if we don't, and added to Laudrup maybe leaving, I can well see a situation quickly arising with Gus heading down to Swansea. A good season at Swansea seems to bring the chance of upward movement quickly (Martinez, Rogers. Laudrup) and any half decent manager will view such a move as guaranteed premiership profile with excellent chances of a top 6 club move after a season or two.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would say this though. If we reach the Prem, I would say Brighton are a bigger club than Swansea. Not necessarily in terms of what we have achieved, but in set up, average attendances and potential.

He would be on a hiding to nothing going to Swansea. How is he going to improve upon the success that has already been enjoyed there? Chelsea, of course. Swansea - no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking on display here. If Gus had access to the Swansea squad I am sure he would be very happy to play a more expansive game than we have seen at The Amex. I'm not saying it will happen but I am sure that if the vacancy arose then Swansea would like to speak to him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It would be a logical move for Swansea as Gus likes his team to play in the same vein as Swansea, so disruption would be minimal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here