Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to turn Wild Park into an official travellers site?

No, she is out, and was campaigning hard to stop any involvement in Syria last night. According to her twitter feed she will now be moving on to important topics like badgers.

So to summise, fracking in Balcombe, military action in Syria, badger cull in the west country, all have one thing in common..........when in the headlines Lucas will be as vocal as possible (all in the name of publicity). When will she be as vociferous on real local issues, like travellers maybe?
Are you saying that the whole of the Syrian crisis was brought about by Caroline Lucas, so that she could make a speech in parliament? Has anyone else said anything about Syria recently?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Good to see there are people still dumb enough to think that this is a party political issue.

Every council administration, of every political colour has to go through the same legal rigmarole to force an eviction. The officers working under this administration are working no more or less tenaciously than previous times to make this happen.

Some people have convinced themselves that this isn't the case, but that's their problem.

Not my problem pal , you should lighten up :drama:

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Good to see there are people still dumb enough to think that this is a party political issue.

Every council administration, of every political colour has to go through the same legal rigmarole to force an eviction. The officers working under this administration are working no more or less tenaciously than previous times to make this happen.

Some people have convinced themselves that this isn't the case, but that's their problem.

Surely securing the sites to prevent them coming back again and again falls under the remit of the local council tho? I expect people that work so tenaciously over and over again should eventually begin to direct some of their efforts to longer term solutions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Are you saying that the whole of the Syrian crisis was brought about by Caroline Lucas, so that she could make a speech in parliament? Has anyone else said anything about Syria recently?
That's not what he said at all , in fact its not even remotely close to what he said , a poor attempt at deflecting a criticism of Lucas.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Jesus wept , they opened the fvcking gate for them , of course it's a party political issue , the actions of the council officials are a direct result of the prevailing attitude of the greens.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I don't think any other sitting MP has so vociferously campaigned against military action in Syria and got themself, and their child, arrested whilst on an organised protest recently.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Surely securing the sites to prevent them coming back again and again falls under the remit of the local council tho? I expect people that work so tenaciously over and over again should eventually begin to direct some of their efforts to longer term solutions.

They have a active longer term solution - the same one being used by all parties when they had their stint in power. It's not being used.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A more interesting question might be, is it time to change the trespass laws in this country ? Simplistically, I am thinking only trespass on foot, should remain a civil matter. What am I missing here ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Opening a gate on 'health & safety' grounds is a party political issue? Good one.

Not directly a party issue, no. But if the party with overall control can, and should, give guidance on policy matters.

Mind you, greens won't be in control for too much longer, but you already know that don't you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not directly a party issue, no. But if the party with overall control can, and should, give guidance on policy matters.

Mind you, greens won't be in control for too much longer, but you already know that don't you.

I do. But that is irrelevant in this instance. One, the Greens don't have overall control, and two, any council officers (who are apolitical) would to the same.

Bu then as I said, it's not a policy issue, it's an H&S issue.

I do. But that is irrelevant in this instance. One, the Greens don't have overall control, and two, any council officers (who are apolitical) would to the same.

Bu then as I said, it's not a policy issue, it's an H&S issue.

What H&S issue is it?

I really have no idea on this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What H&S issue is it?

I really have no idea on this.

As posted earlier ...

They were worried about health and safety as cars were getting access to the park by driving on the pavement. The last time they were there, my kids were cycling on the pavement there (it's a shared space before anyone butts in on that) and saw a car heading straight for them. The council, quite rightly IMO, decided that it was the lesser of two evils to open the gate and give them access rather than have a child hit by a car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here