Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to sort out the ticket exchange?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Success is the key word here, you would not be asking the question if we were at the top end of the table. Attendances have dropped at the same time as the form on the pitch. So supporters will always pay the going rate and football fans will only go if we are winning and pay the going rate. The facts are that you will always struggle to sell tickets for games if you are at the bottom end of the table and not winning many games.

Last edited:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Success is the key word here, you would not be asking the question if we were at the top end of the table. Attendances have drop at the same time as the form on the pitch. So supporters will always pay the going rate and football fans will only go if we are winning and pay the going rate. The facts are that you will always struggle to sell tickets for games if you are at the bottom end of the table and not winning many games.

midweek attendances were poor last year...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm amazed they don't give out more freebies to schools. AITC have good links with a lot of schools, especially ones local to the Amex like Coldean. If the club had any sense they'd give out 4/5 fortnightly which the school can then give out to less fortunate pupils or to students who have done well for those 2 weeks.

That, or £5 / £10 per ticket, available in batches to schools throughout Sussex. I think Charlton have done this with success to schools in SE London and Kent. Building a fan-base for the future.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My brother-in-law paid £95 for a season ticket at Oxford. Worked out well for him, as he was an Oxford fan, but I'm quite surprised the club has been non responsive to our student population. Not just new fans, but BHAFC student fans who might well not make every game.

You'll get the odd person shouting down the club when they offer deals to the 'unwashed', but they'll happily use the services of a doctor or lawyer without much grumbling.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Will they be the same if you pack the ground out with students?

How do you plan to do that? And just because you offer tickets at a discounted price, does not mean you have have a big uptake on it. I think a read somewhere that the Wigan game had just over 16,000. Do you seriously think that 14,000 students will suddenly want to turn up on a cold wet Tuesday night and watch us at the moment.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
There's currently 6-7,000 tickets not being bought. Sussex and Brighton Uni's have 35,000 students. With the aforementioned schools, there is plenty of scope for deals, especially for evening games.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
How do you plan to do that? And just because you offer tickets at a discounted price, does not mean you have have a big uptake on it. I think a read somewhere that the Wigan game had just over 16,000. Do you seriously think that 14,000 students will suddenly want to turn up on a cold wet Tuesday night and watch us at the moment.

Social Media, e-marketing, posters, flyers, notice boards, freshers fairs - target the societies and clubs. I'm not saying you'd fill it but you'd do better than 14000 empties.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Social Media, e-marketing, posters, flyers, notice boards, freshers fairs - target the societies and clubs. I'm not saying you'd fill it but you'd do better than 14000 empties.

[Just another point, you mention in your first post, the club sell the cheap tickets for £15. And the club take half of that off the STH. That means if I could not attend I would get £7.50 for my seat( that is of course if I read your post properly) meaning I would lose just over £12. I think most STHs would look to pass their ticket on if they were not going, the questions are:
Would they pass it on to a family member, friend or other for nothing
Or look to recover some of their cost, just for arguments sake if the club were to offer my ST because I could not go for arguments sake and say they would sell it for £15 and give me £7.50. I am not great at maths, but I am sure all I would have to do is sell it for £10 - £12.50 and keep all of that money.
The point being are you interested in filling the ground or do you want a return on your ST? Because the individual can properly pass on his ticket for matches that he does not want to attend for slightly more then the club will give them.
If your interest is to sell the non season ticket holder seats at £15 for night games, then again as a season ticket holder who attends all games I would want my ST reduced.

Feb 14, 2010
If this is the sort of thing worrying some people then thanks Harty, Attilla, Paul Samrah, all the fans who were there, Liam Brady, Dick Knight, Steve Gritt and Tony Bloom as its such a trivial worry compared to playing 4th division football at Gillingham.. I duno these youngsters dont know they are born...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
[Just another point, you mention in your first post, the club sell the cheap tickets for £15. And the club take half of that off the STH. That means if I could not attend I would get £7.50 for my seat( that is of course if I read your post properly) meaning I would lose just over £12. I think most STHs would look to pass their ticket on if they were not going, the questions are:
Would they pass it on to a family member, friend or other for nothing
Or look to recover some of their cost, just for arguments sake if the club were to offer my ST because I could not go for arguments sake and say they would sell it for £15 and give me £7.50. I am not great at maths, but I am sure all I would have to do is sell it for £10 - £12.50 and keep all of that money.
The point being are you interested in filling the ground or do you want a return on your ST? Because the individual can properly pass on his ticket for matches that he does not want to attend for slightly more then the club will give them.
If your interest is to sell the non season ticket holder seats at £15 for night games, then again as a season ticket holder who attends all games I would want my ST reduced.

I take your point, but now things have gone a bit shit on the pitch you probably need that platform to shift your ticket, certainly for midweekers

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If this is the sort of thing worrying some people then thanks Harty, Attilla, Paul Samrah, all the fans who were there, Liam Brady, Dick Knight, Steve Gritt and Tony Bloom as its such a trivial worry compared to playing 4th division football at Gillingham.. I duno these youngsters dont know they are born...

To be honest I'm more worried about the fact that we can't score goals, half our team is on loan, the manager has lost the fans quicker than any other manager in my lifetime other than Hinshelwood, and there's nothing to suggest we're going to be in anything other than a battle against relegation that we absolutely can't afford.

But there's already another 5000 threads on that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here