Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to drop the Brighton/Palace rivalry?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Wasn't even in the mob then, was only 16 and didn't join up until I was 17, hats off mate, it just sounded like you were alluding to having served there but was actually in the stores in Germany somewhere.

Now that's what we called a REMF job, rear end mother ....er, lol. So no hating from me of Palace supporters, if you hate you carry baggage and life's far too short for that

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
There's massive rivalry between rugby fans of different clubs and countries but no hatred. You have rivalry amongst friends, at work, between pub teams and probably on bowling greens. But no hatred.

Rivalry can be great but the rivalry that spills over into hatred is a form of rivalry is rather sad and pathetic. But either way, rivalry does NOT have to involve hatred!

how dare you compare rugby to football ! :cheery: youre a prawn sandwich all day mate

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
poogate is disgusting and embarrassing and i don't care how much we profess to hate palace, it's a step too far. The level of policing required at brighton/palace games should be an embarrassment to fans of both clubs. The petty incidents of broken car mirrors, abuse at railway stations and of young children may have been the norm in the 70s and 80s but surely its not acceptable in 2013?

And for what? A rivalry that the fans can't even agree why it exists!

Personally, having harboured this 'hatred' for decades, i have now lost interest in it. To be honest, i would rather see the likes of brighton, palace and other similar sized clubs forming a bond against the biggest money bagged clubs. Real clubs with real fans should stick together!

Palace and brighton fans involved with the remf have shown the way. Perhaps we, fans of both clubs, should grow up, shake hands and start working on mutual respect rather than mutual dislike?

no no no no no never never never

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here