Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to ditch the tippy tappy toe latino project?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Continue with the project! Plenty of tippy-tappy latino managers out there who could set up a team to move the ball forwards instead of sideways. We just haven't had one yet.

Exactly as I see it. Love a bit of tippy tappy, but it needs to have teeth.

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
This is a 'project' Brentford have experimented with, too.

Under Andy Scott we played proper dire football, was horrible to watch at the best of times.

Rosler came in and we played brilliant stuff for a couple of years, finished mid table twice. He then changed his approach to a more tactically aware, defensive approach - still short passing and nice interchanges, but also a quick tempo, high pressing and defending when defending is needed, and we started to get results. I think the key is to make sure there is a clear ethos but that everyone knows their roles. Consistency is what you want, and over time adding players to suit the long term vision of what you want to achieve and you can give the players a little bit more freedom here and there.

There's always the temptation to give it up and play Russel Slade football but what's so great about what you guys have done these past four years is that you've done it playing really good stuff - so many lower league clubs look to emulate the success you've had playing the stuff you've played. Swansea have proved it can take you all the way to the top, Brighton are a little way off that at the moment but certainly shouldn't give up on it!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm a bit confused, as I thought the stats were in thirds? I reckon we spent less than 20% of our time in the final third, hence our dire goals for tally ???

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We've never really played tippy tappy. We've never had the players to do it, we played our version of it under Poyet which produced some beautiful football, but it had drawbacks. Last season we didn't play it at all, no idea why people are still mentioning it.

You're saying we never played some beautiful football under Poyet? You're wrong. Very wrong. Maybe you just weren't there to see it?

In general it was pretty boring, effective but a little boring,his last season was built on quite a few 1-0 wins tbh. I understand what he was doing but when 1-0 up with ten minutes to go you were not going to miss another Albion goal were you if you nipped out early:moo:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sí no.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like its over for the Latino trippy tappy diver project and its northern Europe power football from now! Bye bye cheats!:wave:

You don't actually watch football, do you rev?

'tippy tappy' - i.e. first time passes / pass and move / little triangles IS exactly what Germany were doing to devstating effect, when they slotted home three goals in 3 minutes last night.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think the northern European quick transition style is where Hyppia wants us to go, of course you do need players with ability and pace to achieve that. As far as the cheating is concerned, let's hope the examples of USA, Germany, Belgium and even Algeria are where we end up, a decent physical battle interspersed with pace, skill and a drive to score rather than just hold onto the ball.

you don't actually watch football, do you rev?

'tippy tappy' - i.e. First time passes / pass and move / little triangles is exactly what germany were doing to devstating effect, when they slotted home three goals in 3 minutes last night.

Your right sir! Went out for a meal last night,can't trust those barbarians nicking the tippy tappy triangle touch stuff off the southerners:moo: KEEP ME INFORMED OF ANY OTHER MISTAKES IN MY CRAZY WORLD OF FOOTIE CONFUSION:thumbsup:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think the northern European quick transition style is where Hyppia wants us to go, of course you do need players with ability and pace to achieve that. As far as the cheating is concerned, let's hope the examples of USA, Germany, Belgium and even Algeria are where we end up, a decent physical battle interspersed with pace, skill and a drive to score rather than just hold onto the ball.

Head on nail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here