Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is IT time TO change OUR name to the Brighton SEAGULLS ?

Should WE change the name ?

• Brighton SEAGULLS

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Brighton and Hove ALBION

Votes: 87 73.7%

• Total voters

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ashley and Barnes Albion

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The day the name changes from the magnificent.." Brighton and Hove Albion "....is the day that I walk away.
It is a superb name and it has a fantastic ring to it. It reminds us of our history, when our club played in Hove for nearly 100 years. I can only assume this is a wind-up from our good friend.
The pedigree in the name is unsurpassed. It dates from Greek/Roman times...' perfidious Albion '

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The problem with this is while this is all bit of a laugh, there is some marketing guy in an office thinking, now that's a good idea............

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Keep it as Brighton and Hove Albion.

We would only have one chant instead of the two :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Now Hull are DOING the SENSIBLE thing and changing their NAME to Hull TIGERS isn't IT time we change our NAME to Brighton SEAGULLS ? When you say YOU support the ALBION everyone thinks YOU support WEST Bromwich ALBION as they are PREMIERSHIP and not Brighton and HOVE ALBION.

Let's GET a campaign UP and running to GET Barber to change our NAME to the Brighton SEAGULLS

No, Kucf off

theboybilly

The day the name changes from the magnificent.." Brighton and Hove Albion "....is the day that I walk away.

This. I'll spend my Saturday afternoons in my local checking on how Hull City Tigers are doing at Cardiff Bluebirds, and if Croydon Eagles are any closer to getting their first win in three years-away at the Burton Brewers. Unfortunately I think re-branding will come eventually.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This. I'll spend my Saturday afternoons in my local checking on how Hull City Tigers are doing at Cardiff Bluebirds, and if Croydon Eagles are any closer to getting their first win in three years-away at the Burton Brewers. Unfortunately I think re-branding will come eventually.

Sadly, I think it will too. ( Lets hope that I have shuffled off this mortal coil by then )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If USA Soccer Guy had his way, I dare say the rebranding would be along the lines of the Brightown Seabirds.
Nah, if we get a brilliant US marketing guru in, we'll be nicknamed something magnificent, like a wild cat, or a bird of prey - maybe the Brighton Panthers, Jaguars, Eagles or Falcons! And we'll get goal music, and someone will fire mini footballs into the crowd at half time. This could be the start of something amazing.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
In a few 1964 programmes I picked up recently we were referred to as the Seasiders. And presumably the 'official' nickname at the time was Dolphins?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's Cardiff Red Dragons now, or well on the way to being dragons.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Nah, if we get a brilliant US marketing guru in, we'll be nicknamed something magnificent, like a wild cat, or a bird of prey - maybe the Brighton Panthers, Jaguars, Eagles or Falcons! And we'll get goal music, and someone will fire mini footballs into the crowd at half time. This could be the start of something amazing.

Don't forget the monster trucks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here