Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for Gus to leave?

Gus, should he stay or should he go?

• He should stay, we can get better still with him.

Votes: 199 72.9%
  • He should go, we have gone as far as we can with him.

Votes: 74 27.1%

• Total voters

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
FFS he only said he needs to know from the chairman that we haven't hit the financial roof or he has to evaluate his career. It's a warning shot to Bloom to give him more money to improve. He hasn't had enough or wants out, he wants to improve!
What's so wrong with that?
If we are to go backwards now and that was our one chance at promotion then I don't blame him to want out. So much rhetoric has come from the likes of Barber about FFP and budgets that I can't blame Gus for firing his own warning shot.
He is a superb manager and some of the football is the best I've ever seen Albion play. If you can't understand why he said what he said, then you're an idiot.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Hey, just watched the vid of Gus and whilst I have disagreed with some of his tactics and team set ups this year, I didn't find anything too bad about it and don't forget he was particulalrly upset about what happened last night. I think we all need to take a few days out and reflect what has happened and come back to it in the clear light of day. He faced out the press who have their own agenda very quickly after the match, give him some credit for that and some space. We're all disappointed, but its done so lets all regroup and come back next year in whatever guise Mr Bloom wants.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
FFS he only said he needs to know from the chairman that he haven't hit the financial roof or he has to evaluate his career. It's a warning shot to Bloom to give him more money to improve. He hasn't had enough or wants out, he wants to improve!
If we are to go backwards now and that was our one chance at promotion then I don't blame him to want out. So much rhetoric has come from the likes of Barber about FFP and budgets that I can't blame Gus for firing his own warning shot.
He is a superb manager and some of the football is the best I've ever seen Albion play. If you can't understand why he said what he said, then you're an idiot.

Absolutely spot on. Post of the day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FFS he only said he needs to know from the chairman that we haven't hit the financial roof or he has to evaluate his career. It's a warning shot to Bloom to give him more money to improve. He hasn't had enough or wants out, he wants to improve!

Exactly, bloodyhell, the guy is an ambitious winner with a winners mentality. He seemed genuinely devastated by the defeat, and as you've said, wants to know if he can get that bit extra to add to this team to properly challenge at the top. He doesn't want to be on the fringes of the play-off's, he wants to win this friggin league. I want a man like that in charge of our team.

Up to our chairman and board to ensure we don't over stretch ourselves, but it's up to the manager to try to get what he can for success. Please stay Gus, you have done a great job, and I for one would love to still see you here next season - I think you will be, and we'll be better for it!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Is it time for Gus to leave?
Whether that be because you think he has taken us as far as he can or after his comments regarding last nights game.

Don't get me wrong he is he best manager in my time and I am over the moon that we finished 4th but his comments last night were just un called for and for me it shows he doesn't really want to be here and if he doesn't want to be here...... I don't want him here.

If theres £2.5 million up for grabs then yes 100% let him go. We need someone who will immediately come back fighting for the club after a defeat like that not someone thinking about there future we made for them

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Look footballs a funny old game if Barnes had scored he's two chances great save by the way and good covering from the defender on the line we probably would of gone on to win and we would of all been praising Gus. IMHO.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Look footballs a funny old game if Barnes had scored he's two chances great save by the way and good covering from the defender on the line we probably would of gone on to win and we would of all been praising Gus. IMHO.

Agreed but you win loose or draw as a team and that reaction last night was totally one of selfishness.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone who wants Gus to go is an idiot. The club is being run well, we have a good manager, and a good team. It is the hardest division to get out of and there isn't a quick fix. Gus needs further backing in the transfer market which I think he will get. He will be here next season and hopefully we can progress a bit further yet again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't want him to go. If he's going to go before the end of next season though, perhaps the sooner the better so a new guy has the maximum possible time to prepare for the new season.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I think Gus will stay IF TB allocates a bigger fund for players, if its not forthcoming then I think he will go. Gus knows his limits with the players at his disposal and at the moment that is not enough for promotion.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Depends on his attitude, if he wants to be at this club and stop flirting and making digs about budgets etc then he should stay.

If his ego is to big he can do one.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't really understand the uproar (apart from those obvious simpletons who just love a moan).
We do need to strengthen, we've been good enough for fourth but we won't have the luxury of two ex-England defenders next season, Lopez has no contract, Bridcutt might go, we've two strikers who are coming back from serious injury and we've seen the last of Vicente

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Di Matteo / Gary Neville / Solksjaer

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had we got Ulloa in the Summer we would have got automatic promotion.

Had either of our two chances gone in we would be in the play-off final.

Now why Palace were better than us last night, I think some people are getting a little bit carried away this morning.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
YOU revel in us losing. Great fan that. You might think you knew something but here's a gem for you: you know sweet f.a. About anything. If you're such a sage you'd have an opinion on the good and the bad times. But you don't. In our best season in a generation you still resurface as predictable as night following day, to be a negative bellend when feelings are still raw - and you're an undeservedly smug and arrogant bellend at that. You're a lonely, attention seeking, tragic little weed who gets his jollies by starting arguments on the internet. Some of us knew that years ago. Do everyone a favour and piss off and 'support' someone else.
Here we go again, criticise Gus, and his followers will tear you a new one.

You'd love North Korea, mate. They hate opinions.

I wouldn't like to see him go just yet, but I don't think he has the drive to do it anymore. He keeps moaning about money, when palace are now in the finals havig spent little.
We have no plan b, and when teams suss us out that is it. We can't do anything.

It's also not a case of whether we want Gus, it's a matter of if Gus wants it. Which I doubt, if wants to go - let him. No one is bigger than the club.

Last edited:

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Ah I was waiting for the inevitable knee jerk 'gus is shit, get him out!' thread. It does amuse me how fickle some fans are, when just a few days ago were all kissing his feet. In response to the question, yes, of course he should stay. He has done wonders for this club and I think we will continue to grow with him next season. BUT, my emotions if he were to leave would depend on who replaced him. If he were to be replaced by di matteo, I would be very happy, but if he were to be replaced with fecking micheal Appleton/Mark Hughes etc I would be distraught!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't really understand the uproar (apart from those obvious simpletons who just love a moan).
We do need to strengthen, we've been good enough for fourth but we won't have the luxury of two ex-England defenders next season, Lopez has no contract, Bridcutt might go, we've two strikers who are coming back from serious injury and we've seen the last of Vicente

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here