Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for a new generation to start a new version of BISA?

Is it time for a new independent supporters' association?

• Yes, good idea

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No, waste of time

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Fans have more of a voice than is sometimes appreciated. I think the club will be far more worried about the number of empty seats last night than the shouting for Sami's head. They will be taking note of the discontent - you can be absolutely sure of that, because it drastically affects the business plan.

No disrespect to the old BISA, which had a specific role to play in the darkest days of our club, but supporter groups can never really hope or claim to represent the voice of the fans, because we disagree on so many things. That's why we log on to NSC.

But it could help with some things. Make it large enough we could then start organizing stay away days, as that would scare the board more.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Something has to change, if we need to get together and do it I am in as the club is bankrupt of understanding what a fan is and what they do.

Selling yourself to corporate football has backfired totally, I want our club to evolve and what I am hearing is the man from Toronto has to re-think the mantra of where we are going.

Revenue will plummet if it carries on like this, I can see it, if people have paid and cannot be bothered to turn up then it is bleeding obvious what happens next if the standard of football on the pitch worsens.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It all points to comparisons to Yugoslavia after WW2, what we need is a President Tito figure, the ultimate uberfan who has both Bens Grandad's age and experience and Stat Brothers drive and intellect.

Tito was not an uberfan he was the acceptable choice of the board ( Stalin ) to run Yugoslavia and we all know how that ended up, a binfest with bullets.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all points to comparisons to Yugoslavia after WW2, what we need is a President Tito figure, the ultimate uberfan who has both Bens Grandad's age and experience and Stat Brothers drive and intellect.

That's very kind!

But anything like this has 'one massive ballache' written all over it.
Anyone wishing to take the reigns and make the project a success would get my unreserved praise, gratitude and thanks.

It most definitely couldn't be me as I know my ego couldn't take the success or failure of such a project.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
For anyone who believes 'the old guard' could take a back seat, I also have some magic beans for sale.

The way this season has panned out anyone would think they have been desperately waiting for the club to 'fail' just so they could settle some old scores and regain some kudos.

Those fans saved your club. Keyboard warriors like you are pathetic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those fans saved your club. Keyboard warriors like you are pathetic.
Totally agree, a fact that is undeniable and one for which I will be eternally grateful, having said that numerous times on here and in PM's.

Making it all the more disappointing having been given everything and more that they all tirelessly campaigned for, they now seem hell bent to kick it all down again, due to personal reasons.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Um, for most, this IS this real world. Or at least as big a part of it as any other conversational part of the real world. You can bet your life the club monitor NSC to the 'n'th degree as the first stop shop for immediate customer feedback.
They do but not necessarily to change their approach to suit and respond. More to suppress and threaten in order to exert control.

NSC isn't the answer to the current need in my opinion.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I was involved in setting up the first "new" supporters clubs (Seagulls Over Burwash) when the stadium opened (it's been a huge success) but one of my ideas was to also set up another group that represented all the "independent" supporters clubs, old and new. I had a lot of talks with BHA about doing this (Richard Hebbard, Martin Perry and Paul Camilin were VERY VERY supportive and great people to approach) but nothing ever happened, to be fair the football club were very open and supportive of the idea initially but as soon as "certain individuals" entered the scene that proposal seemed to disappear very quickly.

I remember sitting in a room at The Amex with Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet plus all the other supporters clubs (Official, NWS, Mid-Sussex, NSK) and debating how we could do this, everything was very open, we laughed and joked with Gus and Tony and I came away feeling very positive. We were even asked about getting rid of Sussex By The Sea which came back as a resounding NO!! Something fundamentally changed when new people and new ideas came to the club, I resigned from the supporters club soon after because I saw what was coming. This is to not say the football club are not approachable and helpful now, BUT I'd say things are probably more on their terms and any type of "dissent" would not be welcome from any independent supporters club under the current structure.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was involved in setting the first "new" supporters clubs (Seagulls Over Burwash) when the stadium opened (it's been a huge success) but one of my ideas was to also set up another group that represented all the "independent" supporters clubs,old and new. I had a lot of talks with BHA about doing this (Richard Hebbard, Martin Perry and Paul Camilin were VERY supportive) but nothing ever happened, to be fair the football club were very approachable and supportive of the idea initially but as soon as "certain individuals" entered the scene that proposal seemed to disappear.

I remember sitting in a room at The Amex with Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet plus all the other supporters clubs (Official, NWS, Mid-Sussex, NSK) and debating how we could do this, everything was very open, we laughed and joked with Gus and Tony and I came away feeling very positive. We are even asked about getting rid of Sussex By The Sea which came back as a resounding NO!! Something fundamentally changed when new people and new ideas came to the club, I resigned from the supporters club soon after because I saw what was coming. This is to not say the football are still not approachable BUT I'd say things are probably more on their terms now and any type of "dissent" would not be welcome from any independent supporters club under the current structure.

I find that post really very sad.

I desperately want to be wrong about the way I feel about the club and what has happened over the last couple of years but that just brings it all into focus. It could and should have been so different; in fact we were being different, we've just let those who don't care take control and they are setting us back many more years than they've been here.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I find that post really very sad.

I desperately want to be wrong about the way I feel about the club and what has happened over the last couple of years but that just brings it all into focus. It could and should have been so different; in fact we were being different, we've just let those who don't care take control and they are setting us back many more years than they've been here.

Its not to say the club don't have an open policy towards the supporters clubs now but my bigger plan was to try and bring them all together as one "voice" sadly it was never acted upon. Any independent supporters club I ever get involved in again would have to be truly "independent", I'm not a "yes" (never have been and never will be) and Attila's idea is bang on the money

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was involved in setting up the first "new" supporters clubs (Seagulls Over Burwash) when the stadium opened (it's been a huge success) but one of my ideas was to also set up another group that represented all the "independent" supporters clubs, old and new. I had a lot of talks with BHA about doing this (Richard Hebbard, Martin Perry and Paul Camilin were VERY supportive) but nothing ever happened, to be fair the football club were very approachable and supportive of the idea initially but as soon as "certain individuals" entered the scene that proposal seemed to disappear.

I remember sitting in a room at The Amex with Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet plus all the other supporters clubs (Official, NWS, Mid-Sussex, NSK) and debating how we could do this, everything was very open, we laughed and joked with Gus and Tony and I came away feeling very positive. We were even asked about getting rid of Sussex By The Sea which came back as a resounding NO!! Something fundamentally changed when new people and new ideas came to the club, I resigned from the supporters club soon after because I saw what was coming. This is to not say the football are still not approachable BUT I'd say things are probably more on their terms now and any type of "dissent" would not be welcome from any independent supporters club under the current structure.

I was in that meeting. The management seemed to under the impression that we would all be singing and dancing all game a la Eastern European clubs fans. I made the point that you can't do that whilst sitting down.

I was then put in my place by a throwaway comment..." We have built a state of the art stadium and not going to sully it with people standing up..."

That really showed me where this was all leading.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I was in that meeting. The management seemed to under the impression that we would all be singing and dancing all game a la Eastern European clubs fans. I made the point that you can't do that whilst sitting down.

I was then put in my place by a throwaway comment..." We have built a state of the art stadium and not going to sully it with people standing up..."

That really showed me where this was all leading.

Remember it well Granny Weatherwax !! I felt exactly the same but a million times more positive than I do now (at least they were listening to us) but I came away feeling The Albion I knew and loved was fundamentally changing, I knew it had to be but it was tinged with sadness.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its not to say the club don't have an open policy towards the supporters clubs now but my bigger plan was to try and bring them all together as one "voice" sadly it was never acted upon. Any independent supporters club I ever get involved in again would have to be truly "independent", Attila's idea is bang on the money

Acted upon by whom? Surely it's down to the clubs themselves to sort that out - it shouldn't need any form of buy in from the football club itself, particularly if you're serious about full independence.

You would then hope the club would engage, when asked, with this new super-club - they'd be kinda silly not to.

BTW, I've mooted this several times over the years but never got my arse into gear properly....

2004: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ce-and-for-all&p=242546&viewfull=1#post242546

2008: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?137810-Supporters-Club&p=2697593&viewfull=1#post2697593

2010: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-voice-is-heard-at-the-Albion-and-do-you-care

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
It was never acted upon by ALL parties Bozza but I wanted it officially recognised by the football club, I do see your point though. I resigned from SOB soon after as I felt I'd done my bit, although the present goings on at The Albion are making me think again.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Um, for most, this IS this real world. Or at least as big a part of it as any other conversational part of the real world. You can bet your life the club monitor NSC to the 'n'th degree as the first stop shop for immediate customer feedback.
If true then they are pretty shit at understanding how supporters feel. Either that or they simply don't give a shit how we feel? We all know that the club has its apologists responding on here but if they were actually paying attention to how fans feel we'd have had a managerial change weeks ago.

Attila could be right-maybe there is a need. Unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here