Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Is it the end of Third Man ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Uncovered pitches, loss of rest days, coloured kit, Pro40s, One Days, T20s, The Hundred, fielding restrictions, DRS, bat technology.....traditions of cricket?....but the word batsmen to batter....:whistle::mad:

Ha! It's like Dr Who isn't it? Apparently immortal alien who can travel through time and space in a craft that looks like a 1960s police box - fine. Make the character female .... #endofcivilization

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Batter just sounds horrible.

Why can't batsman be regarded as gender neutral? It is after all just a label. They did it with actors. Mankind is also gender neutral.

*edit* Just seen [MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] has beat me to it, with much more detail :thumbsup:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Batter just sounds horrible.

Why can't batsman be regarded as gender neutral? It is after all just a label. They did it with actors. Mankind is also gender neutral.

*edit* Just seen [MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] has beat me to it, with much more detail :thumbsup:

Did you get upset when they changed fieldsman to fielder? I might start a campaign to change to bowlsman

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
cf63fbdfcb14180d1a4bf187f7afc923.gif

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Did you get upset when they changed fieldsman to fielder? I might start a campaign to change to bowlsman

I'm not upset, am I not allowed to to have an opinion? Why are you upset about my opinion?

I think you mentioned earlier the changes for The hundred, yes I thought that was a load of unnecessary bollocks as well.

It's all terminology that people are used to, I couldn't give a s**t about the underlying reasons for doing it, changing fielder and bowler would also be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here