Votes: 50 39.4%
  • No - at least one other side can be pulled into it

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its one from two because we'll pull away and Saints and Cardiff will be left to fight it out.

(i hope)

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I've said no but I think cardiff will be the one.

Don't forget, it was 1 from 5 not long ago and we weren't one of the 5. Anything could happen yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's see what people think after Leicester take 3 points off us tomorrow.

Yes, it is a three horse drowning race. Possibly two(I don't really think Stains will go down).

Stumpy Tim

If we beat Millwall in the Cup, our next 5 fixtures are:

Leicester away
Huddersfield home
Palace away
Southampton home
Bournemouth home

All of those are winnable... if we can get 9 points from them then we're basically safe in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is at the moment but there are guaranteed to be plenty of twists, turns, unlikely results and a fair bit of angst for a while yet :smile:

Absolutely impossible to call.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I may be wrong here but my simple hope is we simply get more points than Saints and Cardiff in remaining games,not too bothered about other teams.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No.

It's a brave person who looks at the table and declares Newcastle 100% safe.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Funny isn't it. I 100% agree with you. Forgetting the opposition I couldn't see them winning an argument let alone 3 on the bounce at home.

They've got a tough run in there -

Burnley
Everton
Palace
Liverpool

So don't expect that to continue and there aways aren't much better:

West Ham
Bournemouth
Arsenal
Us

And then Fulham on the final day.

It's all still up for grabs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not ruling out Newcastle, they're not as good as their recent performances suggest and are only being kept up by their manager (who is far too good for them). If he loses focus because he's being lined up for a bigger job in the summer they're in Shitsville like the rest of us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We need to be safe with 2 games remaining because we'll not get anything from our last two.

Realistically that means needing to beat Cardiff and Stains at home or we're massively in the shit - and for that reason I voted yes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We need to be safe with 2 games remaining because we'll not get anything from our last two.

Realistically that means needing to beat Cardiff and Stains at home or we're massively in the shit - and for that reason I voted yes.

If we fail to beat Hudd and Cardiff at home, no Albion fan should complain about an unfair relegation. But someone will.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

SAC

May 21, 2014
Still one from six but I really believe that it will be one out of Cardiff and Southampton. Just can't see them both picking up points.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I’ll take a big punt in saying that Leicester, Palace and Burnley won’t be in real danger of the drop come May.

Agree ... they've all got the experience and/or quality to keep their heads above water.

It could well come down to whichever teams 'don't lose their heads'. The fixtures look kind to us but those 6 pointers are going to be real battles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here