Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it my hearing, or was the PA system awful on Saturday?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't be arsed to start another thread but what would you prefer? Delayed announcement of the goalscorer from Reynolds who waits for any VAR check or the Chelsea cheerleader who was screaming Chilwell's name yesterday as soon as the ball hit the net, only to have to correct himself? The pauses make me nervous as I know that means they are checking but it is also a clue as to what is happening.
I think the pause is definitely useful. When it’s announced, you know the goal stands - a fraction quicker than the ref or screens.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I see it has been mentioned a couple of times in the Fozzie thread, but to avoid derailing that one, I sit in the Upper West, front and central, and I found the PA hard to hear. I mentioned this to @e77 and he felt the same.

Have they turned it down since the end of last season, or have we all gone a bit deaf?
Your hearing may be shit, but so was the PA.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Would have loved to hear what nobby and foster were saying but in wsu and it's never been good at all but Saturday was totally indecipherable - no clarity or volume at all

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can rarely make out what is being said over the PA.
There's a marked difference at other grounds.

Not sure if it's the PA or, the often bemoaned, ground acoustics.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
It was definitely awful as soon as they played that generic, no-connection, overplayed, 90s Euro-pop drivel at full time, preventing any chance of directly appreciating the manager and players with their own songs

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Not much better in the North
Yup, we're back middle in the North and when half time interviews are done I always struggle to follow what's being said. My hearing's pretty good.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Ive struggled since day one with the PA at the Amex. Last year I got hearing Aids (massive revelation generally-i can now follow TV programs!) and I was looking forward to being able to hear the PA announcements- and what a difference its made- I can now hear the same muffled, mumblings much louder- still cant make out what is being said though

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Wasn't the PA system going to be upgraded this summer?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
WSU Block H, it was much worse than last season, inaudible.

It's important that the club sorts this as it's a condition of the safety certificate, for evacuations etc. You would expect this to have been thoroughly tested and renewed over the summer, but audibility in an empty stadium must be very different from a full and noisy one. I expect the club are aware but worth someone letting them know?

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
The end of season programme mentioned that they were investing in an upgraded PA system over the summer, so it might be they’ve put in a new PA system and it’s crap and that’s what everyone’s noticed. Certainly found it a little too loud/distorted at times, although I did enjoy the side effect being that at north end this drowned out any attempts at singing from the Luton fans. 😊

el punal

I’m in the West Upper and I’m sure I heard :

“Oi you muppets! No beer in the central kiosk so go to the end ones. Your pies are in the 1901. We’ve poured the Guinness but it’s a left over from last Sunday’s friendly. Don’t want to here any complaints so you can all just f*** off - alright! “

Of course I could be mistaken. :drink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to say I've had no issue other than when I went in the North where it was awful. Was fine in East Upper on Saturday.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
WSU, block H.
I couldn't make out the interviews either.
I have just moved from the north stand to WSU block H (terrific view by the way), but my first impression (after all the poxy stairs) was how inaudible the PA system was.
Didn't bother with a beer at half time so watched the interviews, without actually hearing anything that was being said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here