Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it my hearing, or was the PA system awful on Saturday?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I see it has been mentioned a couple of times in the Fozzie thread, but to avoid derailing that one, I sit in the Upper West, front and central, and I found the PA hard to hear. I mentioned this to @e77 and he felt the same.

Have they turned it down since the end of last season, or have we all gone a bit deaf?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was crap

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am a little tone deaf (too much loud music and hereditary combination) and I definitely noticed it was more garbled sounding. I checked with a friend who has perfect hearing and he also couldn't make it out whereas last year it was maybe too loud but at least understandable. We are in WSU for reference.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah it was quite loud but slightly distorted in the east upper as well. My kids also commented on it being a bit shit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, the only reports of poor sound quality, are from the WSU.

Anyone from other areas able to report?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I see it has been mentioned a couple of times in the Fozzie thread, but to avoid derailing that one, I sit in the Upper West, front and central, and I found the PA hard to hear. I mentioned this to @e77 and he felt the same.

Have they turned it down since the end of last season, or have we all gone a bit deaf?

WSU, block H.
I couldn't make out the interviews either.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Are we talking general PA announcements (didn’t hear any) or are we taking RR and fan zone, which unfortunately was loud and clear

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can't be arsed to start another thread but what would you prefer? Delayed announcement of the goalscorer from Reynolds who waits for any VAR check or the Chelsea cheerleader who was screaming Chilwell's name yesterday as soon as the ball hit the net, only to have to correct himself? The pauses make me nervous as I know that means they are checking but it is also a clue as to what is happening.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Its either inaudible , or overbearing loud , depending onn where youre sitting ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here