[Albion] Is it fair ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Now I could be wrong but I believe the ticket policy implies, I as a season ticket holder have to commit to attending 2 weeks before we know which 3 of the 6 dates pencilled in by UEFA will be at Home.

Yet, someone on the 1st of September can see the fixture dates and purchase my seat.

That is wrong in all sense.

You often hear customers and not fans, this is definitely the case.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Now I could be wrong but I believe the ticket policy implies, I as a season ticket holder have to commit to attending 2 weeks before we know which 3 of the 6 dates pencilled in by UEFA will be at Home.

Yet, someone on the 1st of September can see the fixture dates and purchase my seat.

When you renew your season ticket, you commit for 19 games you don't know the date of. What's the difference?

briref

Aug 12, 2008
When you renew your season ticket, you commit for 19 games you don't know the date of. What's the difference?
Saturday 3 pm a non working day for most
Thursday 7.45 pm a working day for most

Not everyone lives local.
Travel holiday etc

A big difference

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its not exactly unknown though is it. It's 3 of the 6 dates already announced. All on a Thursday evening. If you think you can't do one or more of them then maybe wait and buy individually.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Europe is uncharted territory for the club. Due to the vagaries of the draw etc was always going to put some people's nose out of joint, even more than EPL dates, unless they have maximum flexibility on availability. That's how life is in the top tier sadly :shrug:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’m just happy to see European football at the Amex. Thursday night football and 6 dates they can be played were known in advance, although not which are at home.
I’ve kept the dates free and booked other events I want to attend around them.
I think the club could have cashed in on the prices but am made up they are affordable.
Happy to see any European side play.
Heady days.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Slightly other view, if you are one of the ST who need to move you have to wait to see where you can go. If they offered these ST holders the same privilege as you have they would perhaps only be able to get tickets in a less desirable positions. By allowing them to get a priority window allows them to secure the best areas. I'd be far more peeved if I was one of those moved only to be able to get a ticket stuck in the corners.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Travel holiday etc

A big difference
But due to success we are now going to play on a Sunday.

el punal

What is your problem? The club have offered a decent package to watch the Albion in a European competition for the first time ever, and, in same seats you use with your season ticket. Most of us go to watch the Albion play regardless of the opposition. Having said that and if you did a bit of research you will find that opponents will range from one top European side, say AS Roma or Sporting Lisbon or Villareal down to the minnows of Europe and everything in between.

If you don’t like the package being offered then take your chance at a later date, pay more and hope you get a seat. At least you have a choice.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If you commit to buy the 3 x match package and for some reason you cannot make one of the games, can you relist on the ticket exchange as per usual?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you commit to buy the 3 x match package and for some reason you cannot make one of the games, can you relist on the ticket exchange as per usual?
From the webpage with the details (usually a good starting point for checking such things):

Three-match packs are sold on the basis of unknown opposition, date and kick-off times and can’t be changed, transferred or cancelled after purchase.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are wrong. You are under no obligation to commit to attending. You are under no obligation to actually attend. You can wait and try to buy tickets on an individual basis and pick and choose which games you attend, if that is your preference. But there will be risks involved in that, too.

You are being offered the entirely optional opportunity to buy tickets for all three games at what will likely be a discounted price (possibly by a not insignificant amount), to ensure you have 'your seat' for those three games early.

There is no system that can be introduced that won't have a risk of someone missing out. You can choose whichever risk you are most comfortable taking - buying discounted tickets for a game you might not be able to make, or waiting and paying full price, potentially having to sit elsewhere or possibly miss out all together.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it fair the someone will always moan about any ticketing arrangements ?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Travel holiday etc

A big difference
Except EPL games could be Friday, Sunday or Monday (or, obviously, several in midweek). If you don't think you'll be able to make the games, the club aren't forcing you to buy your seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports