Is it even possible for me to get to Watford?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Right, I booked the coach with Seagull Travel for me and a friend to go to the Watford game a few weeks back. The coach leaves Worthing at 3-30 and I have got my college timetable today and I finish at 4-30 on tuesdays. Thats no problem as I can just cancel the coach.

I've had a look at train times in between Durrington and Watford (also between Clapham Junction and Durrington) and it's not even possible to get back; not even on the last train.

How did people get back last year?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just sack off the last two hours of college?

Indeed. :thumbsup:

"College" is about developing individual learning, development and planning skills - it's not school

Organise someone to take notes for you and to give you a tuition handover

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Right, I booked the coach with Seagull Travel for me and a friend to go to the Watford game a few weeks back. The coach leaves Worthing at 3-30 and I have got my college timetable today and I finish at 4-30 on tuesdays. Thats no problem as I can just cancel the coach.

I've had a look at train times in between Durrington and Watford (also between Clapham Junction and Durrington) and it's not even possible to get back; not even on the last train.

How did people get back last year?

You walk, get a taxi, or blag a ride off a friend or relative from Worthing Central to Durrington. The last couple of trains terminate at Worthing.

Sorted, how easy was that?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
You walk, get a taxi, or blag a ride off a friend or relative from Worthing Central to Durrington. The last couple of trains terminate at Worthing.

Sorted, how easy was that?

How stupid am I? Of all the different alternative routes, thats one I didn't check!

Edit: Yeh, you're right; the last train from Watford leaves at 10-27 and arrives in Worthing at 00-38

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep you should be ok to get back to Worthing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Getting there is now the problem though! 5pm (earliest train I could get) train from Worthing gets there at 19-30.

Don't go then ? :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Might just risk it. Train actually gets to Watford at 19-20 so a fast walk or run will get us there in time for kick off!

Well if you can run from the station to the ground & get in within 10 minutes - you should be a shoe-in for the 1500; 5,000; & 10,000 metres in Rio.

Edit: I take it you're stopping off at the en-route Wankerspoons for a quick pint too? :drink:

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Well if you can run from the station to the ground & get in within 10 minutes - you should be a shoe-in for the 1500; 5,000; & 10,000 metres in Rio.

Edit: I take it you're stopping off at the en-route Wankerspoons for a quick pint too? :drink:

Actually 25 minutes I have now discovered.

seagull phil

Aug 8, 2010
worthing
hi mate just a thought depending on what train ticket u get might effect what time u can go.we have got a day save for 4 people cost 24 pound 6 pound each but we cant travel between 4.14 n 7 15 so we are leaving early.i have one spare train ticket if u want to come with us im leaving from worthing.let me know hope this helps. big philly

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Go to college. Its only a poxy game at watford. Won't matter a jot if you miss it

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
hi mate just a thought depending on what train ticket u get might effect what time u can go.we have got a day save for 4 people cost 24 pound 6 pound each but we cant travel between 4.14 n 7 15 so we are leaving early.i have one spare train ticket if u want to come with us im leaving from worthing.let me know hope this helps. big philly

Thanks for the offer but it's all sorted now. 4 of us going getting the 5pm from Worthing and arriving in Watford at 7-20 so a quick walk to the stadium!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports