Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it Derby

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ain't no doubt about that! :)

Of course! You will, Newcastle will, Derby will - Without wanted to diminish your very fine season so far, I'd argue that Pearson, N also deserves some credit in the creation of that gap

I guess I don't think of a decent away draw as "points dropped". I'm aware they are though...I thinking more of drawing or losing games we should win or draw. If that makes sense...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Will we? The reason there is such a gap so early is that we've barely dropped many.

We dropped 18 in the first 21 and can probably afford to drop 31 in the next 25. It feels like a bit of a luxury but the 3's add up pretty quickly.

In saying that I'm more confident than I've been and reckon we'll do it (well I do today)

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I guess I don't think of a decent away draw as "points dropped". I'm aware they are though...I thinking more of drawing or losing games we should win or draw. If that makes sense...

Go you - Funny thing is, I think it's more nervy when trying to go up than avoid going down, you have to win every week cos someone else will when you don't!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Let's just concentrate on our own game. If we keep playing as we are, then no one can catch us.

Agreed. We are the most consistent team in the division, which is why we are where we are! CH has got it nailed and he doesn't look like he's relaxing. The more I see, "could do better" here or there, the more confident I am of us going up. Even with questions about the team/players/performances etc, we are still in the coveted auto promotion spot with 8 points cushion and room for improvement. I'm not cracking the champers open yet, but its in the fridge ready!
SEEEEEEAGUUUULS!
:albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Go you - Funny thing is, I think it's more nervy when trying to go up than avoid going down, you have to win every week cos someone else will when you don't!

Yes, and it's been bizarrely draining this last week to twice watch Albion win a game, then the next day see Newcastle brush teams aside and reclaim top, and sides such as yours continue to gain points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, and it's been bizarrely draining this last week to twice watch Albion win a game, then the next day see Newcastle brush teams aside and reclaim top, and sides such as yours continue to gain points.

Also bizarrely it is exactly this kind of thing that makes this division so fantastic, especially when you look at where we are.

I know exactly what you mean but we would have killed to be in this position over most of the last 30 years

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also bizarrely it is exactly this kind of thing that makes this division so fantastic, especially when you look at where we are.

I know exactly what you mean but we would have killed to be in this position over most of the last 30 years

Oh yeah I ain't complaining. This last couple of years have been absolutely stunning, and I feel sorry for those who can't see that.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Now I might be a wee bit biased but you need to look out for The Owls (cue abuse). We're beyond awful at the moment and still maintaining a spot in the playoff positions - go figure.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now I might be a wee bit biased but you need to look out for The Owls (cue abuse). We're beyond awful at the moment and still maintaining a spot in the playoff positions - go figure.

So by that logic, the performances will probably begin to tell pretty soon and you'll start to slide down the table.....right?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Your recent record against the teams in and around the top six is not good though is it? Never a good thing to drop points to those teams, but with a son in law who is a Massive fan, I have my beadies on the Massive!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

What can I say, other than likewise :) Almost makes me hanker for the Clough jr years

Be clucking funny if Newcastle missed out but it's difficult to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here