Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it Derby

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was at the QPR-Derby match and QPR had much the better of it but haven't got anyone who can score. Derby's goal was massively against the run of play. Wurzel was almost in tears.
Oo I forgot Worzel was coming back to the Amex on the 27th.

Hope his coat's dry by now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was at the QPR-Derby match and QPR had much the better of it but haven't got anyone who can score. Derby's goal was massively against the run of play.
Annoying yet heartening.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is it Derby? Come back in 6 games time after they have played 5 of the top 10. Anything over a 15 point haul and it's a big YES.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Birmingham and look at the table.

Get the victory and worst case is that it will look as good as it is now, and Derby will have run out of a little bit more of their road to catch us.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I can hear CH whilst he reads this over his Frosties......"It's what we do on the pitch that counts, starting at St. Andrew's on Saturday".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Come on Fulham.

Beat Derby before we kick a ball in Birmingham.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Derby's games in the new year:

Norwich City v Derby County
Leeds United v Derby County
Derby County v Reading
Derby County v Burton Albion
Ipswich Town v Derby County
Newcastle United v Derby County

bloody hell if they win all that lot they really will be a force to be taken seriously. Looking at the table there are about 8 teams fighting for playoff places so I'm hoping they all take points off each other and kind of forget about us, probably unlikely but heres hoping

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Derby's games in the new year:

Norwich City v Derby County
Leeds United v Derby County
Derby County v Reading
Derby County v Burton Albion
Ipswich Town v Derby County
Newcastle United v Derby County

Which is why I'm less concerned about them. 7 wins on the bounce is a good haul but 5 of them have been against cra*p and the other 2 both at home, one (Narch) has been on a slump and the other (Massive) inconsistent at best.

The fixture list has thrown up a 2nd half for Derby that looks way more tricky than ours.

They are still a danger of course but maybe mid Jan will be a better indication of how much

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's really difficult to say where Derby are at right now - Obviously it's great to be winning a few and to have found a way to grind out games but we've been far from fluent and certainly not put a great 90 minutes together yet. I think right now we're a bit too reliant on being defensively solid and finding moments of magic from Ince/Hughes - If we can find the fluidity while retaining the defensive strength then we're going to be up there but that's a big 'if' of course. I'd be concerned that we're missing 4 full backs right now and George Thorne appears to be no close to returning... We'll see I guess :)

larus

Derbys winning 7 game run.

QPR A 1-0
Forest H 3-0
Wigan A 1-0
Norwich H 1-0
Rotherham H 3-0
Wolves A 3-2
Wednesday (Massive) H 2-0

That's quite a few easy games. I know they can only beat who's in front of them, so lets see how this pans out with their games early in the New Year. We're 10 points and 12 GD up on them

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's really difficult to say where Derby are at right now - Obviously it's great to be winning a few and to have found a way to grind out games but we've been far from fluent and certainly not put a great 90 minutes together yet. I think right now we're a bit too reliant on being defensively solid and finding moments of magic from Ince/Hughes - If we can find the fluidity while retaining the defensive strength then we're going to be up there but that's a big 'if' of course. I'd be concerned that we're missing 4 full backs right now and George Thorne appears to be no close to returning... We'll see I guess :)

Do you think you can close down the 10 point gap to the automatics?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Do you think you can close down the 10 point gap to the automatics?

Can we? Of course. Will we, the odds are against aren't they - One thing in our 'favour' is that we're not 10 points behind a stack of teams, we only need 1 (ideally both of course) of the top 2 to lose points. Of course Brighton and Newcastle will drop many points between now and May but it's a bit of gap isn't it...

So annoying that Pearson turned out to be such a disaster!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can we? Of course. Will we, the odds are against aren't they - One thing in our 'favour' is that we're not 10 points behind a stack of teams, we only need 1 (ideally both of course) of the top 2 to lose points. Of course Brighton and Newcastle will drop many points between now and May but it's a bit of gap isn't it...

I go along with that. For me it's more about are we going to let the gap narrow rather than you catching up. Taking an average 89 for automatic means you can only drop another 21 whereas we can drop 31. Looking at fixtures both look scary but definitely advantage us!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course Brighton and Newcastle will drop many points between now and May but it's a bit of gap isn't it...

Will we? The reason there is such a gap so early is that we've barely dropped many.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I go along with that. For me it's more about are we going to let the gap narrow rather than you catching up. Taking an average 89 for automatic means you can only drop another 21 whereas we can drop 31. Looking at fixtures both look scary but definitely advantage us!

Ain't no doubt about that! :)

Will we? The reason there is such a gap so early is that we've barely dropped many.

Of course! You will, Newcastle will, Derby will - Without wanted to diminish your very fine season so far, I'd argue that Pearson, N also deserves some credit in the creation of that gap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here