Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it conceivable that we could still make automatic promotion this season??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Or are we play offs at best?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Conceiveable, yes, likely, no. Embarrassing thread that is repeating half a dozen of the last week, certainly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, but we'd need 12 more wins, so how likely is that?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Conceiveable, yes, likely, no. Embarrassing thread that is repeating half a dozen of the last week, certainly.

Surely we should be proud rather than embarrassed that we have a team still in with a sniff of a top 2 finish??

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think we'll end up in the playoffs, but the top two is certainly not out of reach! It, of course, depends on other teams form slumping which, unlike attempting to catch a team when in relegation danger, is far less likely.

To put it into context. Some people (bonkers, i may add) were saying the 7 point margin to middlesborough was 'impossible' to make up a few games ago and we 'definitely' couldn't make the playoffs. We did it in 3 or so.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Play-offs only I think. We'd need too many teams to drop too many points.

That said, it's not completely impossible; if we maintain this winning run and the teams above us take points off each other we'll close the gap.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No, don't think likely and would take play offs at this point. If we get into the end of season mix we will have played well over the next 12 games and will arrive in form. Play offs was my hope at the start but now looking at the games we have controlled but not won think we could have done better.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Anythings possible , cardiff are superb at mucking it up so i have watford to win the league , so 2nd spot will be a interesting battle , i think we have drawn far to many games to squeak automatic and can see us drawing a few more on the run in but i would hope with the squad we now have we would finish in the playoffs before the last game of the season , our players on the bench saturday and with bridge and vicente not even in the squad was pretty awesome . Keeping pig fit is vital and if he stays injury free from now until the end of the season i would put us around 4th on 79 points .

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
As replied before on similar thread, we can max 91 points. You need around 85 for auto, we are unlikely to get 9 points from the 3 games against Palace, Leics and Forest and very likely to drop points at least 2 other matches so we have run out of road barring either an extraordinary run of results and/or Cardiff,Hull,Watford crapping out and a free for all at around 80 points at end of season.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Southampton came second last season on 88 points, we'd need another 33 points from 12 games to match that.
We won't win 11 out of 12 games, play off's at best and that won't be easy.
March for me has always been the key month, 2 home and 4 away. We've won one of the home games the next is Palace (anything could happen) and three tough looking away games. I won't be getting too carried away until April.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Watford and Hull haven't got easy run-ins, but we'd need to be nigh on unbeatable for the rest of the season and win all but one or two games I'd imagine. Play-offs is a nice aim, anything higher would be awesome

Mathematically yes, practically no. The best we can hope for is to secure a play off place with games to spare and perhaps wave our friends from Surrey farewell as they slip out of contention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here