Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it at all possible that Gus wants to stay at our club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If Gus really wanted to leave for another club he would have offered his resignation when he was suspended. This would have freed him up to apply for all the clubs with vacancies which have now all but gone.

Unfortunately for Gus’s misguided comments to his players about the possibility of not being here next season and a few other things, it put the wheels in motion for the club to find the new manager.

Obviously Gus wouldn’t know if we had a new manager lined up or not, so he could well have hoped for the situation to be resolved without knowing his fate was already sealed.

I don’t think he really wanted to leave initially but the club lost confidence in his commitment and we called him out on it.

I think the club was expecting him to offer his resignation and look for another job.

The real question is will he resign or be fired?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Maybe, but then he has only got himself to blame for that. As he has only got himself to blame for everything. All he had to do, was do his job. Hold his tongue and his chance would have come around soon enough and we could have all parted as friends.

Exactly and well said. It really is as black and white as that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just being devils advocate , but what do you think?

Yes it's possible.

If you feel hard done by and facing accusations which you believe are false, of course you are going to fight them but we don't know who made any allegations and if they will be proved or whether there is nothing to answer. It could be that both parties are correct, the club for suspending and properly investigating what could be a serious accusation, and Poyet for being innocent.

Fans claiming he's only looking for a pay out, etc are just adding to the unhelpful speculation about this which can cause problems which could make his position untenable, especially if he is innocent and rightly cleared.

How about we wait til the outcome before passing judgement.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He might, and then again he might not. I have no idea and nor does anyone else except for him.

Aug 23, 2011
Maybe, but then he has only got himself to blame for that. As he has only got himself to blame for everything. All he had to do, was do his job. Hold his tongue and his chance would have come around soon enough and we could have all parted as friends.

But you don't know why he is suspended, so how do you know he's to blame? What if a disgruntled employee has accused him of something as a vendetta but without any grounds? Would he still be to blame ( I'm not speculating just using this as an example)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I wish, I wish, I wish. Please bring an Alien memory wiper. We can all forget everything, and start again a fresh next season.

It's such a shame that such a talented coach, and an upcoming team fall out like this.

Just shows how crazy the world is.

el punal

Maybe , or could he have been advised that it was not in his interest to appear today. If you recall on MOTD last night he did appear to not know what it was he is accused of. So maybe he awaits clarification to put his case.

Surely, as he was suspended, he would have been very aware of the allegations made against him. If you or I were suspended by our employer we would demand to know the reasons why.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I think Gus wants to stay as long as it takes to get his full value from his contract. He must feel or been advised he has a strong case. The pressure is on the Albion to prove breach of contract which unless is clear cut may be an issue. Perhaps they did not think he would resist and take the first cash offer. The longer it goes on I feel the Albion will come out of this with a tarnished reputation.
Until we know the facts, if ever we will the sorry saga will go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here