Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hoskins really a sick note

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
There are those players who always have something wrong (Vicente) but others are just unlucky.

Seems to me tha Hosky might be getting a rough deal. He's had a clearly diagnosed injury this time and been unlucky. He also went out on loan last year before we could see what he could really do. (Although Gus must have formed a clear opinion)

Anyone else feel the same way?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get the impression Gus has more of a problem with his attitude of not wanting to fight for a place than a worry about his injuries. I think he was quite injury free before he came here wasn't he?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I get the impression Gus has more of a problem with his attitude of not wanting to fight for a place than a worry about his injuries. I think he was quite injury free before he came here wasn't he?

Think there could be more to it than that. Gus wanted to sell him before he really had a chance to prove himself. Don't really blame him for going to Sheff ... seemed to me it was his only real opportunity to prove himself, then he got unlucky again.

No way is he a sick note .... Ooops could be wrong if Bozza's info is correct

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Total sicknote who at the one time he was fit decided to go out on loan rather than give the club something back for his wages.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Apparently not. The Rovers fans I know said they were only able to get him on the cheap as he had injury problems. He then had 1 good and injury-free season for them before we picked him up.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think it's very easy to have a go at certain players because of a perceived opinion of them. It's strange that Hoskins, who has played half a dozen games in 18 months, is seen as unlucky, but Vicente is seen as a sicknote or faking it. It may or may not be the case that Vicente has hypochondria or there's more to it than just a genuine injury, but at the moment Hoskins is never fit, appears to have a bit of an attitude, and is fourth in line behind CMS, Dobbie & Barnes, for one spot. I don't know why he's backed as some sort of miracle waiting to happen by some on here, because he scored a couple in pre-season against non-league oppo. Vicente meanwhile has proven that he is a class above anyone else in this division when he plays (although perhaps not as a false 9) and having had tendonitis myself I can say has my full sympathy - it f***ing hurts and takes an age to properly die down, and is easily inflamed by sport. We know nothing about his situation really, but people continue to make wild assumptions and allegations, and I personally think it's unfair to do so.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think it's very easy to have a go at certain players because of a perceived opinion of them. It's strange that Hoskins, who has played half a dozen games in 18 months, is seen as unlucky, but Vicente is seen as a sicknote or faking it. It may or may not be the case that Vicente has hypochondria or there's more to it than just a genuine injury, but at the moment Hoskins is never fit, appears to have a bit of an attitude, and is fourth in line behind CMS, Dobbie & Barnes, for one spot. I don't know why he's backed as some sort of miracle waiting to happen by some on here, because he scored a couple in pre-season against non-league oppo. Vicente meanwhile has proven that he is a class above anyone else in this division when he plays (although perhaps not as a false 9) and having had tendonitis myself I can say has my full sympathy - it f***ing hurts and takes an age to properly die down, and is easily inflamed by sport. We know nothing about his situation really, but people continue to make wild assumptions and allegations, and I personally think it's unfair to do so.

Tendonitis realy? fcuking ouch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This.

NIGELROBERT

Jul 5, 2010
nottingham
Yes he is a sick note

I live in Nottingham and was talking to a guy i have never met before , he went to school with hoskins and said to me you be lucky to get 10 games out of him and he is so right .

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Think there could be more to it than that. Gus wanted to sell him before he really had a chance to prove himself. Don't really blame him for going to Sheff ... seemed to me it was his only real opportunity to prove himself, then he got unlucky again.

No way is he a sick note .... Ooops could be wrong if Bozza's info is correct

I agree with you - apparently heard via twitter that the club had accepted an offer for him from bournemouth... not surprising he went on loan. Sold to bournemouth or on loan to sheff Utd - i know what i would choose. I hope he gets fit and gets a chance. We need someone to stick it in the net!!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Damaged Knee, Hernia operation at the end of last season and a broken foot - imo injuries that would prevent you from playing football. Vicente a a cracked finger nail and a sore tendon. He might be the best player to have ever played for us - but his quality is worthless if he doesnt play!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree with you - apparently heard via twitter that the club had accepted an offer for him from bournemouth... not surprising he went on loan. Sold to bournemouth or on loan to sheff Utd - i know what i would choose. I hope he gets fit and gets a chance. We need someone to stick it in the net!!

The B'muff transfer was reported in the Argus I think, but definitely a done deal. So for all Gus's spouting about proving himself didn't seem like he had too many chances to do so

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The B'muff transfer was reported in the Argus I think, but definitely a done deal. So for all Gus's spouting about proving himself didn't seem like he had too many chances to do so

I meant he heard it on twitter! (well thats what his tweets at the time indicated).

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I was at every match he touched the pitch for us last season. He did nothing to make me think he will help us when and if he is ever fit to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here