Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Homeland becoming like Lost..?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I've actually really enjoyed this series. Certainly more than season 2. Was a slow starter, but the last 5 or 6 episodes have been terrific. However I'm sure the final episode on Sunday will throw up more questions than answers.

Agree. Was slow to start but is getting exciting now. Still not sure what side Brody is on!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
how did Brody get out of the FBI / CIA building, and to Venezuala ffs?

why worry, It's getting ever more outlandish, I only know one remaining fan, expect a very big bang at the end of this series as it has run it's course.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do watch them all, and I'm still enjoying it, but...
The basic premise of " will he/won't he blow himself up and can she alone stop him" was great telly.
It wasn't really. We knew he wasn't going to blow himself up.

I do find it odd that a man (or was it two) blew up a bomb in Boston, and a thousand police hit the streets. Whereas in Homeland (and the same was the case in The Following), the whole CIA are blown up (as we as the deaths in previous series), and there's about 6 people on the case.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do watch them all, and I'm still enjoying it, but...It wasn't really. We knew he wasn't going to blow himself up.

I do find it odd that a man (or was it two) blew up a bomb in Boston, and a thousand police hit the streets. Whereas in Homeland (and the same was the case in The Following), the whole CIA are blown up (as we as the deaths in previous series), and there's about 6 people on the case.

How did you know he wasn't going to blow himself up ? did you hear about the second series before the last episode ? tbh, he got about as close as possible to blowing himself up as he could.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did you know he wasn't going to blow himself up ? did you hear about the second series before the last episode ?
I either heard that there would be a second series, or I remembered that it was a US show, and they always have fifteen series, so there was no way he'd be dying.
tbh, he got about as close as possible to blowing himself up as he could.
In the show, yes, but as above, I was (unfortunately) never concerned he might do it. It is THE problem with US shows. They have to carry on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I either heard that there would be a second series, or I remembered that it was a US show, and they always have fifteen series, so there was no way he'd be dying.
In the show, yes, but as above, I was (unfortunately) never concerned he might do it. It is THE problem with US shows. They have to carry on.

True, or alternately they stop dead with little or no explanation in the form of First Wave and Andromeda.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did Brody know Carrie's phone number, at the end of this weeks episode?

Oh and being a big fan of Saul and Brody, I'm really enjoying this series too.
I felt Carrie & daughter's gurning anguish, at the start, would be a necessary evil to get through, and that would seem to be the case.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

Oh and being a big fan of Saul and Brody, I'm really enjoying this series too.
I felt Carrie & daughter's gurning anguish, at the start, would be a necessary evil to get through, and that would seem to be the case.

Surely he could easily memorise a phone number?

Having seen the finale, I am already looking forward to the next series!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Surely he could easily memorise a phone number?
It's a fair point. While he could remember a number, how did he even get it? She called him from a special secrecy phone.
Having seen the finale, I am already looking forward to the next series!
So there's another series. Brilliant, thanks a bunch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a fair point. While he could remember a number, how did he even get it? She called him from a special secrecy phone.
I realised I was being a bit dim.

The super special secret phone was sent to 'other' woman's uncle, from the US.
So Brody would have know the number before he left.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough, I can go with that. I guess that means I'm dim too :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I realised I was being a bit dim.

They are just making it up as they go along, I'm out anyway.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
So there's another series. Brilliant, thanks a bunch.

What does it matter if you find out there is another series? It doesn't change anything?

Weird.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What does it matter if you find out there is another series? It doesn't change anything?

Weird.
I thought everyone was going to die, but I guess they won't if there's another series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So who, if anyone croaked this series ? and how believable can it remain for a fourth series before it becomes ridiculous ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here