Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus the man to lead us into next season?

Is Gus the right man to lead us into the next season?

• Total voters

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Yes. He has given League 1 players a shot in the Championship. Quite a few are obviously not good enough. The only thing that blots his copybook slightly are some strange team selections. You've got to give him the benefit of the doubt and remember he is still a very inexperienced manager in the greater scheme of things.

He knows better than me, so I suppose he will know who to keep, who to get rid of and who to buy to play the way he wants them to.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And would you trust Gus with the money to buy a top class striker given his track record?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes, made a mistake - but then so do most managers.
To be fair he's made a fair few silly mistakes when selecting players,im more concerned about the quality forward players we have,gus loves defdence and most of our attackers warm the bench,this is not good as many of the defensive players are bloody tripe.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes
bow.gif

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
stupid stupid thread...

DBL dig54 Merlot One Legged Striker Steve Foster Zebedee

you guys are idiots

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And would you trust Gus with the money to buy a top class striker given his track record?

He's only been in management for 2.5 years and taken us from relegation prospects in League 1 to just outside the playoffs in the Championship. He's allowed to make mistakes and you won't find a manager who doesn't make mistakes (have you seen Lambert's result with Norwich today?)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
stupid stupid thread...

DBL dig54 Merlot One Legged Striker Steve Foster Zebedee

you guys are idiots
Got to go with this....one big defeat and the doubters come out of their shells....answer this,if not Gus.....Who?....yes we need a predator goalscorer but they are not like instant Whip....they will come,until they do.....have faith ....must admit I was thinking like you at Gillingham but we have come along way since then!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes. Good progress has been made. I am sure we will be busy over the summer, shipping out and shipping in.

Pleased that our champions of last year had a chance to have a crack at this league without too many wholesale changes.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Yes, I think he is - although he is not the finished article (or are the current team). I would like to see some more flexibility next year, and we need some new players. Gus is a little arrogent and thinks he is better than he is but we are continuing to make progress. I hope his head is not turned by other opportuninies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here