Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus going to pull off the miracle at Sunderland

Will Gus keep Sunderland up?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Definitely a foul, the ref was right to see if there was an advantage and then pull it back. You have to believe that last (?) weekend's west ham incident made it easier for the ref to give the decision despite the player not going down, and he does deserve credit for that.

However, the red card would have been for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Because the ref played on for a bit and waited until the shot was taken before calling it back, the goal scoring opportunity wasn't really denied, it just wasn't capitalised on, so I'm not sure it should have been a red.

Contact started outside the box, but contact isn't a foul, it's when he pulls him back or restricts his movement that it becomes a foul. I'd need to see the replay again for myself, but does anyone else remember when the tug happened as opposed to just the initial contact?

D

Deleted member 18477

Gus is on a roll... who'd have thought Conor Wickham would come back from loan spells to save the day...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Bridcutt has just come on, but they said he missed the last few games for personal reasons?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt has just come on, but they said he missed the last few games for personal reasons?

His partner had a baby, I believe. I seem to remember one of his absences being explained as him being with her while she was in labour.

Lol - go Gus!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm watching the Liverpool game, I wish we could play at the same pace and with the same commitment as this.
The ball is moving all over the place, wonder if they can keep it up for 90mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here