Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Still Worth a Starting Place?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure Glenn knows his top flight career is coming to an end and I'm sure he'll put in an extra few percent if he gets a start, but once the next window opens it would be criminal if the club didn't bring in another striker - I don't see that Locadia or Andone have any future at the Albion.

Tend to agree in the most part, but the January window is NOT the time to bring in a new striker. Very few if any quality strikers are available, and the prices are massively inflated for those that are.

I think we'll wait until the summer before we make any real investment in players.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
His game never relied on pace when he was young. Still think he's the best finisher of the strikers we have at the moment, and with his few starts this season, he will probably be quite fresh if needed.
I would like to see a few games with the traditional little and large forward partnership, either with Maupay or Connolly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frankly, tales of Glenn's demise are greatly exaggerated. He would have scored more than Maupay has done if given the same chances and while he might not be the most dynamic forward, he does have a good habit of knowing how to stick the ball in the back of the net as required.

#TeamMurray

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have no doubt at all, we will TRY to bring someone in in January.

As has been said, not easy to get the right player, so then we're faced with try to muddle through with what we have, recall a young loanee like Mlakar or recall a senior loanee

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Frankly, tales of Glenn's demise are greatly exaggerated. He would have scored more than Maupay has done if given the same chances and while he might not be the most dynamic forward, he does have a good habit of knowing how to stick the ball in the back of the net as required.

#TeamMurray

Indeed, and who cares how he scores his goals? just as long as he does.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably not very often these days, except in case of injuries/suspensions - and as such he's well worth having around in the squad. If/when he does play now, he'll have faster young legs around him to do the running for him, so he can still do a useful job if called upon.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
First name on the team sheet, with Maupay or Connolly alongside him to do the running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I am caught between two views to either start him and tell him to play himself out in the first half then make a substitution or to leave him until 60th minute to bring on if needed. Not seeing him in training I am not sure which is best. Either way he still has a part to play for us until we can replace him with a younger version.

2nd view for me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no doubt at all, we will TRY to bring someone in in January.

As has been said, not easy to get the right player, so then we're faced with try to muddle through with what we have, recall a young loanee like Mlakar or recall a senior loanee
You need to get yourself over to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]'s podcast.

There's every chance the club has wrapped up it's January transfer targets and has already turned it's attentions to Summer.

#TeamFrenchies.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You need to get yourself over to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]'s podcast.

There's every chance the club has wrapped up it's January transfer targets and has already turned it's attentions to Summer.

#TeamFrenchies.

It's possible we have.

Though in my recollection from supporting the Albion, I don't remember too many signings coming in on January the 1st, (or any time in early January)

This year will be no different. If there is a good goalscorer available, competition for his signature will be fierce. Not to say we won't win that competition, though the striker in question and his agent are likely to be conscious that there is no harm in playing the waiting game through January to see what happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's possible we have.

Though in my recollection from supporting the Albion, I don't remember too many signings coming in on January the 1st, (or any time in early January)

This year will be no different. If there is a good goalscorer available, competition for his signature will be fierce. Not to say we won't win that competition, though the striker in question and his agent are likely to be conscious that there is no harm in playing the waiting game through January to see what happens.
The agent El Pres talks to covers all of this.

The first is a little unnecessary, esp as it's the lead into the FA Cup.

But what is/was most telling is the lack of business on the 31st.
The club prides itself in not 'working' on the last day (as does the agent in question), it positively revels in it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Yes where ? thanks in advance.:drool:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the podcast thread!!!

Price of Football.
This week's episode - Financial Doping is part II following on from last week.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep sometimes, in some formations. But think his current role/useage fits perfectly at this stage in his career. Impact sub or something different off the bench most of the time unless want to start him and spring a surprise against certain defenses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tend to agree in the most part, but the January window is NOT the time to bring in a new striker. Very few if any quality strikers are available, and the prices are massively inflated for those that are.

I think we'll wait until the summer before we make any real investment in players.
We can comfortably assume the club are always looking for strikers.
Shitehouse at finding them, but bless them, they're always looking.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some strikers were reluctant to sign for 2018/19 Albion, are now very eager to get on board.

Also even, even Mr Barber must have realised by now footballers, strikers in particular, are expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here