Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is England being deliberately sold down the shitter by the powers that be ...!!

are we being deliberately sold out..?

• yes

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • no

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • shut up you looney

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
So many people are clamouring to live in England despite the shite weather, it must be doing something right.

Of course it is! It's housing them, feeding them. Giving them free medical attention and even giving them any number of cash benefits, depending how many offspring they have. It must seem like heaven.
Nigel Farange is spot on when he says that immigrants should contribute for 5 years before they get benefits. If it wasn't for the fact that everytime I see him he reminds me of a crazy Circus Clown I'd even vote UKIP. :wink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where is Mustyfa when you need a bit of balance?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Where is Mustyfa when you need a bit of balance?
It wouldn't matter anyway, his stock answer for anything, whatever the theme or question, is always "its the fault of the West".......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep that's the attitude, and why they keep getting away with it. :facepalm:

so you believe the subjects raised are connected, coordinated and carried out to some common goal? you give "them" too much credit.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What a weird thread. A 'What has happened to our country?' rant that is inspired by paedos and cricket? :shrug:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
yeah , dishing out money to any tom dick or harry that turns up TIME TO GET OUT OF THE EU
regards
DR

But that's complete bollocks, isn't it?

Migrants from EU states have to wait 3 months before they can claim Jobseekers' Allowance, child benefit and child tax credits. Even after being here for 3 months, they're not automatically entitled to receive benefits - there are several tests and criteria that they need to meet first in order to qualify.

To stay longer than three months, they have to be in work, actively seeking work, or have a genuine chance of being hired. Either that, or they have to prove that they have the resources to remain without being a burden on public services.

I imagine your post is a also a thinly-veiled attempt to imply that our social housing is stuffed to the brim with EU migrants, thus denying UK nationals a place instead. In reality, there is no preferential treatment on council waiting lists for immigrants and in fact since April 2014 EU migrant jobseekers have not been entitled to receive housing benefit. The truth is that EU migrants are far more likely to be living in self-funded private rental properties than people born in the UK.

The UK is the only EU country to have a lower unemployment rate for migrants than nationals, suggesting a key reason for migration to the UK is to find work and not scrounge from the state. As it is, less than 5 per cent of EU migrants are claiming Jobseekers’ Allowance, while less than 10 per cent are claiming other DWP working-age benefits.

Migrants to the UK make a net contribution, as they pay more in taxes than they take out in benefits. It's estimated that the UK gains £20bn from European migrants annually.

I'm sure this doesn't fit in with your slightly warped view of the world, and you'll probably respond with an inane smiley or bizarre, off-topic question but I thought I'd attempt to set you straight anyway.

Jan 30, 2008
But that's complete bollocks, isn't it?

Migrants from EU states have to wait 3 months before they can claim Jobseekers' Allowance, child benefit and child tax credits. Even after being here for 3 months, they're not automatically entitled to receive benefits - there are several tests and criteria that they need to meet first in order to qualify.

To stay longer than three months, they have to be in work, actively seeking work, or have a genuine chance of being hired. Either that, or they have to prove that they have the resources to remain without being a burden on public services.

I imagine your post is a also a thinly-veiled attempt to imply that our social housing is stuffed to the brim with EU migrants, thus denying UK nationals a place instead. In reality, there is no preferential treatment on council waiting lists for immigrants and in fact since April 2014 EU migrant jobseekers have not been entitled to receive housing benefit. The truth is that EU migrants are far more likely to be living in self-funded private rental properties than people born in the UK.

The UK is the only EU country to have a lower unemployment rate for migrants than nationals, suggesting a key reason for migration to the UK is to find work and not scrounge from the state. As it is, less than 5 per cent of EU migrants are claiming Jobseekers’ Allowance, while less than 10 per cent are claiming other DWP working-age benefits.

Migrants to the UK make a net contribution, as they pay more in taxes than they take out in benefits. It's estimated that the UK gains £20bn from European migrants annually.

I'm sure this doesn't fit in with your slightly warped view of the world, and you'll probably respond with an inane smiley or bizarre, off-topic question but I thought I'd attempt to set you straight anyway.
you need to get out in the big wide world fella, I'VE SEEN IT FOR MY OWN EYE'S people like you like to deal in statistics and don't want to deal with facts, :facepalm:
regards
DR

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
[MENTION=5238]Brian Fantana[/MENTION] can you however, demonstrate through your well oiled stat-machine, what effect the extra headcount is having on the roads, hospital waiting lists and times, school places, council and education authority budgets for translation services,....... do you have a view on these and many other knock on issues?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
you need to get out in the big wide world fella, I'VE SEEN IT FOR MY OWN EYE'S people like you like to deal in statistics and don't want to deal with facts, :facepalm:
regards
DR

What exactly have you seen?

Through volunteer that I do, I deal with a large number of housing and benefits related issues, involving a mixture of EU migrants and UK-born citizens. What I've posted above is directly influenced by that.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
[MENTION=5238]Brian Fantana[/MENTION] can you however, demonstrate through your well oiled stat-machine, what effect the extra headcount is having on the roads, hospital waiting lists and times, school places, council and education authority budgets for translation services,....... do you have a view on these and many other knock on issues?

I haven't enough experience in those areas to comment really. As mentioned above I've got experience with benefits and housing issues, but not the other areas you mention.

Jan 30, 2008
What exactly have you seen?

Through volunteer that I do, I deal with a large number of housing and benefits related issues, involving a mixture of EU migrants and UK-born citizens. What I've posted above is directly influenced by that.
Polish shacked up in Bunk beds , ethnics sleeping in basements of shops ,and on one occasion eastern Europeans sleeping in a car wash unit in Peacehaven , OH YES THAT'S ONLY PART OF IT
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here