Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Dunk he answer

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This thread has nothing to do with Dunk. You're using it as an excuse to have another pop at Stockdale to justify your slating him at the beginning of the season.
You're transparent & pathetic

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this Stockdale bloke shipping shedloads of goals every week? No, he's probably the one player who is keeping us out of the bottom three. What ever you do don't give credit to an excellent free-kick

It was only a good free kick because he saw the space DS had left. Yes he has saved some but cost us plenty, must be nearly even. But that doesnt detract from the needless free kick. Yes he was exposed but neeeds to learn to tackle fairly and not give away free kicks every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This thread has nothing to do with Dunk. You're using it as an excuse to have another pop at Stockdale to justify your slating him at the beginning of the season.
You're transparent & pathetic

That is rubbish, the freekick was a needless kick and he wasnt helped by DS which is another issue entirely.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I've said on other threads that Funk does well for 80!pr so minutes a game. It then depends on how much damage the other 10 mins cause

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
He gave away a free kick because he had too as joe bennet had let his man disappear inside and run off (again). Therefore outnumbered dunk gave away a free kick & took a yellow because his team mate had failed

This. Bennett has been a weakness in our defence all season.He is silky with the ball but lacks defensive intelligence at pivotal times therefore exposing the rest of the defence. Managers look to change games with subs, and i have seen managers come to the Amex and look to expose our left side.This has happened too many times this season and yet again tonite in a tight game.Managerial nous and being able to think on your feet during a game seems to be the differance between the calibre of manager,that was the differance tonight. Howes subs and tactical changes won them the game! In Hughtons defence, this is not a team he has built so he had a disadvantage over other competitors, but next season is another story, there will be no hiding place!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
As I said a long time ago, Nueur would look dodgy if he had our defence to work with. Stockdale has made errors yes but he has pretty much single handedly kept us safe so far. My player of the season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This. Bennett has been a weakness in our defence all season.He is silky with the ball but lacks defensive intelligence at pivotal times therefore exposing the rest of the defence. Managers look to change games with subs, and i have seen managers come to the Amex and look to expose our left side.This has happened too many times this season and yet again tonite in a tight game.Managerial nous and being able to think on your feet during a game seems to be the differance between the calibre of manager,that was the differance tonight. Howes subs and tactical changes won them the game! In Hughtons defence, this is not a team he has built so he had a disadvantage over other competitors, but next season is another story, there will be no hiding place!
That is absolute rubbish as it doesnt stop Dunk or anybody else tackling fairly.

I'd be sad to see sentiment turn against Dunk, he does make mistakes and always has done, which is why Gus preferred Upson-Greer. But I still think he's the best we've got now and I can't see us paying money for a central defender signing, so let the coaches work on him

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
That is absolute rubbish as it doesnt stop Dunk or anybody else tackling fairly.

That so isn't rubbish. If Bennett did his job properly funk wouldn't have been forced to leave his man (alone) & make an emergency tackle - which was a professional foul outside the box - as he was gone & was about to run into the box virtually unchallenged.

Maybe he should have just let him go

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove

Its hard to tackle fairly when left totally exposed by others around you, we would have been better of giving the free kick away in a less dangerous position, a wide area or further out. Areas which are other players responsibilities .Dunk was left with not much choice as he cannot rely on his keeper to get him out of trouble!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here