Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dick Knight.......

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Icy Gull said:
Sorry to disappoint you but I am still fully behind MM. I am concerned that he is not getting enough backing from his chairman, financially which I understand but also I feel he needs his support verbally if only to take some of the heat off MM from the fans. The guy is working with one hand behind his back and hobbled on his feet by the current restrictions on him.

But I'm right f***ed off about today's result and it's a good job I don't have a cat :(
Dick isn't looking for another manager, nor does he intend to offload McGhee. Bearing in mind that the two talk virtually every day, (they have to, even if only to talk about loan players, new contracts, plus anything else two people with a good working relationship would need) I would surmise that that consitutes a personal backing from Dick Knight .

Why do you think he should feel obliged to tell you or anyone else about it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to go along with the majority, Dick Knight should speak up if only in an attempt to help kill off some of the daft rumours that abound.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my hangover hurts too much to read the entire thread, but my suspicions are that the LDC bastards are taking it out on the club. I'm starting to thin the pressure of their appeal is getting to DK & MP and they are both realising that we may end up without Falmer after all their money/hard work/time :nono: screw relegation worrys....THIS is the real worry now

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Marc said:
my hangover hurts too much to read the entire thread, but my suspicions are that the LDC bastards are taking it out on the club. I'm starting to thin the pressure of their appeal is getting to DK & MP and they are both realising that we may end up without Falmer after all their money/hard work/time :nono: screw relegation worrys....THIS is the real worry now
Doubt it.

Martin Perry thinks LDC are a bunch of jokers whose primary agenda is time-wasting on the back of a ridiculous legal challenge that they can't afford. (Of course, I'm paraphrasing here.) He knows we can beat off this challenge. His main headache about this is the fact that we actually have to.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bhaexpress said:
I have to go along with the majority, Dick Knight should speak up if only in an attempt to help kill off some of the daft rumours that abound.
Take your point, but they are just that - daft rumours. They carry no weight in the day-to-day running oif the club, and the people who live by them ultimately suffer by them.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The Large One said:
Take your point, but they are just that - daft rumours. They carry no weight in the day-to-day running oif the club, and the people who live by them ultimately suffer by them.

In which case why doesn't the silly old bugger just go somewhere public and say that. It wouldn't do him any harm and it might actually do a bit of good in terms of the current atmosphere! Can't remember the last time after an away agme when there was a chant of 'what a load of rubbish' like there was yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Dick isn't looking for another manager, nor does he intend to offload McGhee. Bearing in mind that the two talk virtually every day, (they have to, even if only to talk about loan players, new contracts, plus anything else two people with a good working relationship would need) I would surmise that that consitutes a personal backing from Dick Knight .

Why do you think he should feel obliged to tell you or anyone else about it?

So if you ran a company and your manager was pissing off a large proportion of the punter's you'd obviously let the wheels come off before trying to placate your disgruntled customers?

I don't care how much time they spend together, the Chairman needs to be more hands on with his punters. As said before he needs no encouragement when things are going well to give us his thoughts

The current silence is terrible PR, imo, and PR was apparently DK's forte. It appears you and DK may have the same arrogant attitude towards the paying punters. I believe he needs to take some of the shit flying around and deflect it from MM.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Father Jack said:
It would be nice for DK too speak out and either back McGhee or let him know the situation.

Ah, you mean the dreaded vote of confidence? Usually chairmen speaking means the end, doesn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here