Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is David Cameron, Derren Brown in disguise?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Just watched Dave Cameron toy with Andy Marr and apart from the usual avoidance of answering the question put to him, i noticed that he denied they will cut the public sector without it having an effect on the unemployment figures. So is he just proposing cramming public sector workers into less and cheaper offices, cutting back on stationery, using less heating and electric... possibly even giving up ministerial cars!!!! An amazing bit of wizardry is about to be performed!!

How else can it be done without making public sector workers unemployed?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
By re employment in other areas of commerce, industry and services.

Marr asked Brown if he was popping pills and he was told to f*** off. Marr wants to know exactly how much money Cameron has in his bank account and was told to f*** off.

Right on both counts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Excellent interview by Marr. Demonstrated just how opportunistic Cameron really is and how he lacks any substance.

1. Deregulation. Has spent the last 18 months berating Brown to the extent of virtually blaming him for the world recession yet he was advocating even more deregulation of the banking sector. What was it that Marr quoted him as having said 'the amount of regulation seems to suggest that people believe the banks are going to steal our money' or words to that effect. That little gem is biting him on the arse.
2. When repeatedly asked about the referendum, he fudged the issue. He refused to say they will have a referendum. It will only happen if the Treaty is still being debated, i.e. if the only two countries left to ratify it, Czechs and Poles, are still discussing it if the Tories win the election. However, he knows that both are now likely to ratify it within the next six months at the latest so he can appear to offer a referendum knowing that he can easily get out of it as the election is likely to be in May, 8 months away.
3. The best was his refusal to say that their cuts in public spending is going to cost jobs. Avoided answer the question on numerous occassions. Simple question one would have thought. As for Uncle Spielberg, you are living on cloud cuckoo land if you think the private sector will miraculously expand to absorb those out of work from the public sector.

Hopefully the british press (excluding the sun and mail of course) will tear him apart for his inept performance. He wants to win the election on the back of a few empty soundbites. God help us if he does.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I didn't think Cameron was very impressive today but I expect him to be a force on Tuesday. Anyways its time for a change and he is the Man for me.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
He wants to win the election on the back of a few empty soundbites. God help us if he does.

With that in mind, maybe they should rebrand themselves " New Conservative"? Something similar has worked before!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't think Cameron was very impressive today but I expect him to be a force on Tuesday. Anyways its time for a change and he is the Man for me.

Of course he will be good on Tuesday, there won't be any nasty people asking him to answer questions. He can just stand on a platform and spout soundbites.

Oh and by the way, were does it say in the rules that it's time for a change. Don't hide behind that one, judging by all you posts, you are and always have been, a tory, so in truth, you would have wanted them to win in 97, 2001, 2005 and of course next year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
**Of course he will be good on Tuesday, there won't be any nasty people asking him to answer questions. He can just stand on a platform and spout soundbites.**

Oh and by the way, were does it say in the rules that it's time for a change. Don't hide behind that one, judging by all you posts, you are and always have been, a tory, so in truth, you would have wanted them to win in 97, 2001, 2005 and of course next year.

Damn. Brown's already beaten him to that last Tuesday

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Of course he will be good on Tuesday, there won't be any nasty people asking him to answer questions. He can just stand on a platform and spout soundbites.

As you obviously know everything about my 47 years and 29 years of voting you may be suprised to know I have NEVER voted Tory in a general election before.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I'm still unsure how the opposition in Britain can influence the euro referedums in Poland and the Czech Republic. Do they really take that much notice of our political situation?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As you obviously know everything about my 47 years and 29 years of voting you may be suprised to know I have NEVER voted Tory in a general election before.

I never said I knew everything about you, just based what I said on what you regularly post. Still, unless your birthday was yesterday or today, at least I know now I'm younger than you!

Damn. Brown's already beaten him to that last Tuesday

Exactly, any politician can make themselves look good in front of a camera when there is no one challenging them. The debates will be interesting if they ever come off.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Shameron will have to be some sort of magician to pay for all of his vote catching policiesI sometimes think I WOULD love to see him get in just see him make the most enormous f*** up and get rid of the tory party once and for all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here