Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Chris hughton unsackable this season !!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hughton is a reactive manager rather than a pro-active one and we have to accept that. It was pretty clear at half-time on Saturday that we needed to change and couldn't afford to go two down. Predictably, he delayed and sure enough, we went two down. We were never going to pull back a two goal deficit but only one down still afforded a glimmer of hope. The introduction of Sidwell, Knockaert and Hemed at half time might have made a difference. It was worth a try. We were clearly going to lose with the starting formation.
That is how we have to approach this season. We cannot stick rigidly to plan and only make changes at times of injury or fatigue or when the clock ticks round to 70 minutes. We have to snatch at every snippet of opportunity. It doesn't matter if we lose trying to win. Fans will be a lot happier perishing with a flourish, than coming second with a whimper.
For what its worth, I believe CH is virtually bullet-proof but the manner in which we perform this season will matter as much as the results. We have to grab this chance with both hands and with the right attitude. It may not come around again for a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton is a reactive manager rather than a pro-active one and we have to accept that. It was pretty clear at half-time on Saturday that we needed to change and couldn't afford to go two down. Predictably, he delayed and sure enough, we went two down. We were never going to pull back a two goal deficit but only one down still afforded a glimmer of hope. The introduction of Sidwell, Knockaert and Hemed at half time might have made a difference. It was worth a try. We were clearly going to lose with the starting formation.
That is how we have to approach this season. We cannot stick rigidly to plan and only make changes at times of injury or fatigue or when the clock ticks round to 70 minutes. We have to snatch at every snippet of opportunity. It doesn't matter if we lose trying to win. Fans will be a lot happier perishing with a flourish, than coming second with a whimper.
For what its worth, I believe CH is virtually bullet-proof but the manner in which we perform this season will matter as much as the results. We have to grab this chance with both hands and with the right attitude. It may not come around again for a while.

Sidwell wasn't even on the bench ?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
He's not unsackable but I would be incredibly sad to see him leave and at this moment in time I can't even think of a single manager anywhere in the world who I would prefer to be in charge of the Albion. Results aside he conducts himself with consumate professionalism, respect and humility which cannot be understated in contributing to how good a manager he is. Tony Bloom is no idiot and will give CH more time than most if we end up having a disastrous start to the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here