• Yes its stupid leave gingers alone

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No I hate gingers

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • not sure

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Only joking Ted.
As we ALL know it is not racist but it is discrimination which is wrong kids. But the real point of the poll is so that racists can say, "why is it all right to take the piss out of gingers and not those of a different skin colour?" Of course the answer is that it's not all right, but the degree of persecution suffered by the different categories is not on a par either. So sorry to say, it's still wrong to use the term Paki or ****** but hey, nice try.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lokki 7 said:
Only joking Ted.
As we ALL know it is not racist but it is discrimination which is wrong kids.

With that I agree!

I hope Arthur doesn't get too much shit when he gets older, but whether he does or not, hopefully I can teach him that it don't matter anyhow....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gritt23 said:
I agree it is surprising, but apparently our oversized genitalia is purely coincidental. There is no genetic reason for it, it just happens.

Well I suppose you had to have something to make up for being ginger, it just wouldn't have been fair otherwise.

Gritt23 said:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I do wonder whether that is a case of us whites worrying about offending others so much that we tip-toe around and that causes more problems. That was basically the reason we all used the word "coloured" about 20 years ago. That came out of whites hang-ups about the word "black", rather than from black people themselves. The result was that MORE offense was caused.

:rolleyes:

100% agree. And I think that is a huge part of the whole racism problem in this country. If I was playing football in Nigeria, and a player said "mark the white one", I wouldn't take any offence at all, and I don't believe any black guy would in the same situation here. But I still wouldn't say "mark the black one", because it would feel wrong, even though it isn't.

Bizzare, if you ask me.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
tedebear said:
With that I agree!

I hope Arthur doesn't get too much shit when he gets older, but whether he does or not, hopefully I can teach him that it don't matter anyhow....

and thats all that matters. Children can be nasty bastards, as they grow up they become more accepting and it won't matter!

Failing that, dye it! (Joke) :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Biscuit said:
and thats all that matters. Children can be nasty bastards, as they grow up they become more accepting and it won't matter!

Failing that, dye it! (Joke) :lolol:

They can be nasty bastards - I wonder where they learn it? Parents I'll bet!!

Dye it purple? :lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
Only joking Ted.
As we ALL know it is not racist but it is discrimination which is wrong kids. But the real point of the poll is so that racists can say, "why is it all right to take the piss out of gingers and not those of a different skin colour?" Of course the answer is that it's not all right, but the degree of persecution suffered by the different categories is not on a par either. So sorry to say, it's still wrong to use the term Paki or ****** but hey, nice try.

Yep, going back to my football example (again), I don't think it would be acceptable to say "mark the ******". I think that could cause a few problems.

:lolol:

Lokki, do you agree with my point about saying "mark the black one"? (three earlier posts)

Last edited:

Commander said:

Lokki, do you agree with my point about saying "mark the black one"? (three earlier posts)

I think we've had this conversation Commie old chum in regards to the term Paki. "Whites" do not have a history of being persecuted and discriminated against. Black people do, and this is on going so I think it is right that we should think carefully about what we do and say. Do I think this goes over the top in some examples then yes, but I prefer this to possible alternative scenarios.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I really don't know how come these questions vex people so much, unless they are trying to make a point of seeming ALL discrimination seem OK just because some minor discrimination might be OK to some people.

I'll take my lead from ma homebwoyeee John Stuart Mill: if it does real harm, then it's wrong. And that's not for the perpetrator to decide.

Man of Harveys said:

I'll take my lead from ma homebwoyeee John Stuart Mill: if it does real harm, then it's wrong. And that's not for the perpetrator to decide.

*stugglestoholdbackBoroughMarketDESTRUCTIONreferences*

fails

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lokki 7 said:
I think we've had this conversation Commie old chum in regards to the term Paki. "Whites" do not have a history of being persecuted and discriminated against. Black people do, and this is on going so I think it is right that we should think carefully about what we do and say. Do I think this goes over the top in some examples then yes, but I prefer this to possible alternative scenarios.

'Commie'? :lolol:

I do agree with you, as I said in my first post I didn't know whether I could say "mark the ginger one" or not, but it is fine to say "mark the big one" (or in my case "mark the fat one!"). Skin colour just seems a step further for some reason, possibly the one's you mentioned, although personally I think that this is looking to deep into it.

I wish it would snow more so I can go home.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Someone made a point in The Guardian today that British people are generally not racist but that they have lost so much of their own identity through immigration that they feel the need to point out the differances in other people (sometimes in a derogitory fashion) just tioidentify themselves. I agree. I think if people were genuinely racist there would be a lot more racial violence in this country than there is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here