Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton to expensive

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Poor poor players. They'll soon be living in cardboard boxes.

Funny you should say that Notters. A few days ago I saw David Stockdale sleeping rough on Brighton beach. While I was chatting to him about the upcoming season someone threw a quid in our direction. Stocky(to his nearest and dearest) pushed me out of the way shouting "KEEPERS!". He's got good hands, which bodes well for 2014/15. He had his rod out as well.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just a thought

Is the high cost of living in Sussex partly to blame for us losing out on players to other teams especially teams from the north.

For arguments sake lets say Adam Clayton was offered £15000 a week by both boro & us but he could buy a four bedroom house in midlesborough for £150000 but the same house in Sussex will cost £400000.We have signed 2 players this pre season from fulham is that because living in Brighton is cheaper than living in west London.

Just a thought
that true however when he moves back north the value of his property will increase far more in the south than in the north so more like an investment for the future.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clayton with his wealth, signing on fee and new wages (even after tax and ni) would have an amazing budget in buying a house, wherever.

In his case, I have thought all along since Middlesborough emerged, that it's simply that he wants to stay in the Yorkshire area where he is settled.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Oh, la di da. We lived, all 25 of us, for a whole year in a u-bend in a curry house. Don't talk to me about poverty.
A curry house? You were lucky. We lived in the fat drip tray of a kebab takeaway. Woken up at 4, 2 hours before we went to bed, to spend 25 hours a day brushing roads clean with our bare hands. And we had to listen to radio 1.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My guess is that they have all their family and friends oop there, they're worried about the availability of Black Pudding and can't get their heads around 'Fish n Chips' meaning 'Cod n Chips' not 'uz Addock, Chips, Mushy Peas n Crispy Bits' ! :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Funny you should say that Notters. A few days ago I saw David Stockdale sleeping rough on Brighton beach. While I was chatting to him about the upcoming season someone threw a quid in our direction. Stocky(to his nearest and dearest) pushed me out of the way shouting "KEEPERS!". He's got good hands, which bodes well for 2014/15. He had his rod out as well.

I assume you were at the East end of Brighton beach ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I thought most footballers shared a bunk bed at the local B and B.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A curry house? You were lucky. We lived in the fat drip tray of a kebab takeaway. Woken up at 4, 2 hours before we went to bed, to spend 25 hours a day brushing roads clean with our bare hands. And we had to listen to radio 1.
You had a radio? Luxury, we had a footballer as a father who earnt £15000 a week and we had to live in a house in Middlesborough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clayton with his wealth, signing on fee and new wages (even after tax and ni) would have an amazing budget in buying a house, wherever.

In his case, I have thought all along since Middlesborough emerged, that it's simply that he wants to stay in the Yorkshire area where he is settled.
Didnt somebody post on here that he lived in Manchester and had done irrespective of which club he played for so wouldnt move to Middlesbro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here