Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton & Hove Albion A Model Club?

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Both. Compromise is an everyday thing. The fans comprise both new and old. To increase from 4k to 24K STH's that's inevitable but in time, those 20K will evolve into full time fans, if not re-energised from from the old Goldstone era. Personally, I've watched BHA since 1970. My brother saw them then and dropped off watching due to sports commitments etc. He moved to W Sussex, became a STH for the past three years. involving his three young children who all love the Club. Despite extensive overseas work commitments, he lives in Sussex, and manages to arrange his overseas trips with home games and rarely misses a match. I live in Bucks and am similarly a STH, like one or two living in the same town.
So, we're a mixed bunch but all share the same growing common love.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Swansea are the ones to look up to. They never had 9 million pound debt while in the Championship. Infact i believe they have been in the black every season since the Liberty has been opened.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Swansea are the ones to look up to. They never had 9 million pound debt while in the Championship. Infact i believe they have been in the black every season since the Liberty was built for them by the council.

Fixed for you

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's no longer in Gus's interest to pursue this case. He's got his hands full with Sunderland and he needs to preserve some goodwill in case he wants Bridcutt or Ulloa. Everything else about this is froth.

lol.

Believe that if you want to but I doubt any manager would turn down the chance to get an 8 figure compensation payment over a club he is unlikley to be at more than two years.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
First Paul Barber wins CEO of the Year at the Football Industry Awards, in recognition of his work in getting the club to adhere properly to the FFP rules. Then Gus Poyet withdraws his prospective Employment Tribunal case, which leaves the club vindicated in law and highlights how right the club was in observing due legal process in dispensing with Gus Poyet’s services.

The other ninety-one clubs should watch and learn.

I'm sure Arsenal, Manchester United and the rest of the Premier League will be beating a path to our door to discover the secrets of our success. And if you're looking for model clubs, the Bundesliga model of 51 percent fan ownership is one I like. Much as we all love TB, 90 percent ownership by one fan isn't necessarily healthy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We are not a model club yet - let's wait and see if we do actually adhere to FFP for a start! Breaking even, or even making a small profit (shock, horror!) at some point might be a good plan as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sacks manager without giving any reason after he leads team to highest league place in 30 years and continually raises prices on pretty much everything. I hate to think what the model is!

I expect higher league finishes in most of the next few years to be honest.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here