Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barcelona Quieter Than London??

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Going back to this story and him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/14/ufnhleb114.xml

What a :tosser: some of the excuses players come up with to try and make peace with fans is pathetic. Just say you are unhappy, and be done with it, and move on!!

AlexHlebTomJenkins460.jpg

Arsenal's Alexander Hleb: London is too noisy
By Charlie Caroe
Last Updated: 1:17pm BST 14/05/2008

Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb has spoken out about his desire to secure a move away from the Emirates Stadium.

The Sun reports that Hleb, who is thought to be a target for Inter Milan, is not a fan of life in the English capital.

He said: "I'm not a biy city man. I need my retreat, that's why I'm often in Germany.

"Stuttgart is my second home, my friends are there and it is where I feel most comfortable."

Hleb's agent reinforced the message, as he sought to portray his client's state-of-mind three years after he moved to London from VfB Stuttgart.

Nikolai Shpilevski said: "Alex is tired of the noisy and chaotic life in London and feels like living in calmer surroundings."

He said: "He has been playing in London for three years now and isn't sure whether in the future he can show the level of talent that he is showing currently.

"I can only confirm that some of the world's biggest clubs are interested in him.

"In any case I can say simply that Alexander will not buy out the remaining part of his five-year contract for a fixed sum of his sale.

"Hleb is a gentleman and will not stoop to that level. Everything will be done properly.

"I am sure that the situation surrounding this issue will finally be resolved in the next 10 days."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If the man wants a more-money contract "while he is still able to show the level of talent" then good luck to him.......if it's good enough for Curry...................:yawn:

che

Nov 24, 2007
The quality of life in Barcelona or Spain is much better than London or England.

Oct 25, 2003
and he gets to play for one of the biggest, if not the biggest, football club on earth, in the (in my view) best stadium

can't really blame him

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont think any one can, everyone would chose to go to Barcelona over Arsenal given the choice, but to come up with such a shithouse excuse of saying London is too noisy is a disgrace.

Barcelona is hardly the quiet retreat he is after, just say he is unhappy and go!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My excuse would probably be that the metro is far superior to the tube in London, given that it is air conditioned and much cleaner.

Oct 25, 2003
My excuse would probably be that the metro is far superior to the tube in London, given that it is air conditioned and much cleaner.

and the carriages are really long with the bendy bit in the middle so if you're at the back you can see the rest of the carriage going round a corner before you and its well cool

it's better

Isn't that true for most of the great cities of the world? Most of the ones I've seen make London look like a dump.

London is a place I would never choose to live in-even if I was earning the millions that these footballers get. It's horrible.

and about 100th of the size, but i doubt he has been tubing it to Arsenal?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Lets be fair, the guy was under no obligation to live in the centre of London. i'm sure he could very easily live in Hertforshire, Berkshire, Surrey or plenty of other places and still play for Arsenal, its a load of bollocks and as you say Brett, rather he just said the truth.

I wouldn't blame him for goin to Barca but just be honest about the reasons for it!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The part of London he lives in..NO!!

The Guardian ran a story at the weekend and he lives in HAMPSTEAD. Now due to falling on my feet with someone I know at my Uni(rich type) I was staying around that area recently, and I can testify that it isn't noisy at all!

It's quiet and full of very rich people. Very poor excuse from Hleb there...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barcelona, in my experience is far less HECTIC than London although it's busy enough and a much better place to live due to the quality of life, increase in sunny days, lack of chavs and the fact that Barcelona are a much bigger club than Arsenal. No brainer, I'd go to in his place.

There are some really shit areas around Barcelona but I doubt he'll be going anywhere near them.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Un momento por favor...

Nikolai Shpilevski said: "Alex is tired of the noisy and chaotic life in London and feels like living in calmer surroundings."

London IS nosier and It IS more chaotic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here