Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Automatic promotion possible?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Still think play offs will be tough.next 3 away games then Palace will give us a big clue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is a tall order to ever achieve what we did in March two years ago but stranger things have happened

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
No. No way. Can't see Hull, Cardiff and Watford all dropping the necessary points.

Thought with supposed finance problem Watford had they would be deducted points which would move them well out of play-offs.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Thought with supposed finance problem Watford had they would be deducted points which would move them well out of play-offs.

It's a possibility I suppose, which means we would still need to overhaul Leicester and Palace.

Damn, I've mentioned them again. That's shoes full of cat shit in the morning now...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Sorry, I should have said, Mathematically, Theoretically, Physically impossible.

But you're wrong on all 3 counts?
It IS mathematically, theoretically and physically possible.
I do agree that it is highly unlikely though, we'd need to win at least 10 of the remaining 14.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The season we "Sneaked 2nd on the last day?" take a look

Dare to dream and draw a comparison,i say we could do it again.

Page Not Found - statto.com
So we're 5 points shy of where we were then.......big ask to make that up given the run we had to the end of the season in 87/88, plus we had a couple of games in hand......mmmmm, playoffs at best this year I think.

The 87/88 season was epic.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So we're 5 points shy of where we were then.......big ask to make that up given the run we had to the end of the season in 87/88, plus we had a couple of games in hand......mmmmm, playoffs at best this year I think.

I think if and we could still slip up,but if we miss out on at least a top 6 finish now,we will have truly blown it,how we have stayed in contention for this amount of time is amazing,it's all to loose now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Anything is possible until it's impossible. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we are still only in the play offs by 1 pt....One game at a time and who knows, 3rd or 4th should be the target, as the second play off leg would be in front of 30,000 at a rocking Amex....massive advantage.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd take 4th,3rd placed teams don't fare so well in a play off situation

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Er, no. We were 11 points off an automatic spot with 11 games to play then. We're now 10 points off with 12 games to play. It's doable.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Didn't Norwich come out of nowhere to win almost every game in the run in and come second? For us to be contenders we have to win 2 and draw one of the next 3 away games.

We'll know after the Palace game if we have a hope. By then it could be REALLY on. Or over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here