Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anything different from last season?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Better players, same results but improved scorelines so no, not really where is matters. We don't do well enough against the top half sides.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Rubbish stat - We beat Leeds and Leicester last February, the are currently in the top 6

Or when we played Sheff Wed they may have been in the top 8 at the time (although I cannot check because our wonderful web site no longer has the facility to see the league table on a match my match basis)

Erm top 8 last season and top 8 this season.

No wins.

Fact.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I posted this in another thread last night
Home
+0 - Barnsley, Same as last season
-1 - Birmingham, 1pt less than last season
+0 - Cardiff, Same as last season
-2 - Ipswich, two points less than last season
-1 - Middlesbrough, 1pt less than last season

Sheff Wed - did not play last season

Away
Burnley
+3 - Burnley, three points better than last season
-2 - Derby, two points worse
-1 - Hull, one point less
+0 - Leicester same as last season
+2 - Millwall two points better
+3 - Watford three points better than last season

0-1+0-2-1+3-2-1+0+2+3 = +1

On a direct fixture comparison, we are still one point better off than last season.

So, little or no change then.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
To me the only thing that has changed is that we have got better players playing the same style which was found out last year and been found out again this year. Teams have learnt how to play against us and we haven't leant how to break teams down.

If we go one down we don't win.

So in my opinion nothing has changed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1) Flying start, with a nice run of early fixtures, against struggling teams.
2) Top of the table and rising expectations.
3) Wheels come off..team starts sliding.
4) A team previously high on confidence, then, apparently doen't know where its next win is coming from...hence a long winless run ( predict this will take in at least Blackpool and Leeds...therefore at least 7 games...last season was 9 )
5) Manager apologising to fans...seems powerless to do anything...its like a virus, a malaise spreading through the team.
6) A team that looks like scoring with every attack, then, can't hit a barn-door at 3 paces.
7) Manager states team needs refreshing...big target man essential.
8) Team starts every game slowly, finds itself behind and lacks confidence to get back into game.
9) Fans all feel same thing. Once a bad run starts its going to continue. Nothing is being done to correct it.There is no plan B. Teams seem to work us out very quickly. There is no imagination. No surprises in store.
10) Whenever we play a side in the top 10, we are not going to win. In fact, we are normally grateful for even a point. ( Thus far...defeats v Hull, Middsboro, Leicester and draw with Cardiff )
So, has anything changed? Well, the defence looks tighter. Therefore, we are not getting hammered and only losing games 1-0 ( four so far )
Anything else.....I will leave it to you.
11) NSC binfestary melt down. AGAIN.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
We have only conceded EIGHT GOALS this season. That is absolutely an improvement on last year. All the best teams start with strength at the back which we have. it is just taking our chances!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here