Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Anyone Here, Looking to House a Ukranian Refugee?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shame the same offers weren't made to people escaping from The Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria..............ah, hold on ! theyre not white Europeans !!
People can make offers to who they want that the Government lets into the country.

Up to them, no need to judge those who do good deeds.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Shame the same offers weren't made to people escaping from The Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria..............ah, hold on ! theyre not white Europeans !!

In our case, we have only recently had a room available, we looked into offering short term help before, when our kids were at University and we had room for a few weeks at a time, but the kids were not comfortable with it.
Try these guys if you want to help out with people already here and in the asylum process, https://www.refugeesathome.org/

We are still waiting on Visa approval, 3 weeks after helping our new friend fill out her application, and submitting our details as sponsors. We have had DBS checks done, West Sussex have been in touch to say that our home will be inspected (make sure we are not expecting her to sleep in the shed). Good on you for exploring the possibility, and also not being naive about what it might take to make it work, we are lucky in that we can count on wider family support, and I don't have a problem with having a day off or 20 at short notice and my wife has a lot of flexibility too.

Good luck!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Oh look, someone looking to find fault in people doing good. Well done you.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Das Reich is still allowed to post his despicable and divisive labelling of NSC posters as "5th Column" across this board with impunity.

I see more and more why you have left NSC, seriously thinking of doing similar myself very shortly after the Ukraine War finishes.

Don't. Just put the cretin on ignore. A few of us have decided ignore now really does mean ignore.

And don't worry. The moderators have a nylon string round his testicles and will yank him if he crosses the line. In the meantime he is a slo-mo car crash of a ruin. Not a concern for people like us :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair it probably started to go wrong in 2016 and has progressively got worse since, and as much as I don’t mind The Clamp, don’t forget he was banned many times under his previous Username for many things including ‘racist’ posts [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure you have the wrong poster, there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here