Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Anyone Here, Looking to House a Ukranian Refugee?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Myself and Mrs V are keeping an eye on the situation. Depending on the need and the desperation of the situation we are open to taking someone in. When people have lost everything a place of safety, food and warmth is priceless.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No, you will find that people who are won’t shouting about it on a football forum, however, for the virtuous, middle class it is this year’s MUST do to claim to be finding out about it.

[emoji849]
giphy.gif

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No, you will find that people who are won’t shouting about it on a football forum, however, for the virtuous, middle class it is this year’s MUST do to claim to be finding out about it. [emoji849]
giphy.gif

I guess it's better than knowingly sharing doctored racist videos on a football forum though, isn't it?

Jan 30, 2008
Well?

I'm seriously considering it, but I want to be absolutely sure it's going to work and be the right decision.

It'll be interesting to see what NSC are doing.

No judgements here if you say no.

Quite a few at my work have opted.
Just had my council tax bill in and it's a no from me

Regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see from the quoted post that Baker lite is echoing ppf's disgusting comments about virtue signalling in order to shut down discussion of wonderful actions.

2 peas in the same pod. Always in lockstep.

It seems that the ppf-baker lite combo is allowed to continue to post its ongoing bile at will on NSC.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, you will find that people who are won’t shouting about it on a football forum, however, for the virtuous, middle class it is this year’s MUST do to claim to be finding out about it. [emoji849]
giphy.gif

Lest we forget? :wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
giphy.gif

'The virtuous middle class'. Why have a go when some people, whatever their class, are doing something that materially helps the poor Ukrainians? People will always talk about what they are considering and doing, that's normal behaviour.

Why bring class into this at all? Maybe because your comment reveals you have none?

Jan 30, 2008
'The virtuous middle class'. Why have a go when some people, whatever their class, are doing something that materially helps the poor Ukrainians? People will always talk about what they are considering and doing, that's normal behaviour.

Why bring class into this at all? Maybe because your comment reveals you have none?

If we all step back and take a deep breath , let's consider the current situation where the UK tax payers
are already contributing towards the 5 MILLION pounds a day housing mainly economic migrants in hotels

I would rather see Ukrainian refugees in those hotels I think most people would

Regards
DF

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If we all step back and take a deep breath , let's consider the current situation where the UK tax payers
are already contributing towards the 5 MILLION pounds a day housing mainly economic migrants in hotels

Regards
DF

Das, this issue seems to have inspired you to write a longer post framed around a point of view. You clearly feel strongly about it. However I think the OP was looking to gauge opinion on the practicalities of getting involved.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Regards
DF

That is actually a point I sympathize with. There is a difference between economic migrants and migrants fleeing war. But the post I responded to was just heartless and in my opinion unsympathetic.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Regards
DF

Can I just say, it is refreshing to see you post a coherent argument. It would be great if you could continue to do this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I guess it's better than knowingly sharing doctored racist videos on a football forum though, isn't it?

Or shouting about the virtue of not virtue signaling.

giphy.gif

I often wonder what the opposite of 'virtue" is that these people love to signal.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good on you people for considering getting involved in this.

Shame on you people who are criticizing them for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have referred both Baker Lite and Das Reich to the mods. They’ll do nothing. As per.

Which is why I have decided to leave NSC for good. I won’t be a member of anywhere that welcomes racist idiots like those two.

It’s been fun. And now it’s not.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I really wish we had the space to be able to help, but living in a 2 bed flat with a teenager just isn't making it a viable option for us unfortunately.
If we had a spare room I would be doing it for sure. Kudos to everybody who has signed up though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here