Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else’s mojo on high alert

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Even if Ansu Fati doesn't set the world alight here, the fact that a player of that profile will join us, from Barce-bloody-lona, on the same day we're drawn in that group in Europe. I'm struggling to get my head round it a bit. I was standing to the left of the goal as we looked at Hereford, so somwhere, I'm in that pic above, of Reinelt and Storer at that absolutely piivotal moment in our history. To think then that we could ever be where we are now... well, it would have been quite literally laughable.
We were encouraged on here by someone recently to 'let Hereford go'. But it's not possible to do so - because it IS our history, and makes what is happening right now so incredibly extraordinary.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
We were encouraged on here by someone recently to 'let Hereford go'. But it's not possible to do so - because it IS our history, and makes what is happening right now so incredibly extraordinary.
I don't understand that sentiment at all. It is as you say. It's part of our identity and must never be forgotten, where we were, the fight we had on our hands to keep the club alive. It also helps enjoy this current golden age (for that's what it is, make no mistake...) even more, and keep our expectations in check. I worry a bit that there will be plenty growing up expecting what's happening now to be the norm, and won't have the stomach to back the club when, at some point in the future, they really need us again - whether that's a relegation fight, RDZ leaving, financial worries, whatever it may be. Let Hereford go? Not on your nellie.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Today has been such a monumental day in our history (if we were to cram the weeks from qualifying to today, in one day) that I'm not sure I'll be that upset if we lose tomorrow. My mojo is above the scale. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just thinking back to the 70s and watching Sportsnight with Coleman, where Ajax were always referred to as Ajax as in the cleaning powder and now we will playing them home and away in European competition and (hopefully) will be able to advance from the same group.

Unreal.

There may well be a tear in my eye on 21 September when we make our European debut.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was it someone that wasn’t there?
It was your mate, I think:

I dunno it seems dated now I have kids in their twenties who are ST holders who weren’t even born when that game took place and there will be thousands more like them. Whilst history is important do we constantly need to be reminded every time we play on the telly box.

Fast forward to the future, a century ago Brighton and Hove Albion came with in a whisker of dropping out of the football league and once played in the middle of an athletics track.

It’s never going to stop is it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I let you know after tonight’s game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here