Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is anyone else really proud of our fans tonight…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stood side by side with German fans and watched the game. Supported the team magnificently and won with huge grace. Makes me really proud to be English after such a huge result. On to Saturday - come on England!

Ps - have we played anyone ‘good’ yet :lol:

England til I die :clap2:

As noted elsewhere, on the whole, yes, yes I am :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Booing the opposition's anthem is about the least racist and non-discriminatory thing there is; after all, EVERY nation gets absolute pelters when their anthem is played ahead of a match vs. England.

This makes it a wholly inclusive and entirely non-discriminatory activity :smile:

The usual suspects who watch 3 football matches every 2 years in a gazebo in their garden wearing brand new England shirts from JD sports are jamming the 5 Live switchboard to express their utter shame.... :rolleyes: (Someone should let them know there's tennis on the other side).

:lolol:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
What?... them, or their feckless predecessors?... there is in my view a change in the latent threat of English support, it's not on the same level as it was 15 or 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think you have a short memory. I cant remember a time when we havent disgraced ourselves after a multi national tournament. Nations League I think was the last tournament? Or is smashing up some bars and attacking the police just "good bantz"? And what every self respecting fan should be doing?
However, I must say that I applaud the behaviour of the fans last night, Im just not looking forward to when we are finally knocked out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Á bit of booing at the start.

Then quiet for 75 minutes.

Only singing when you're winning.

Atmosphere doesn't always translate through the TV. From what I hear from people who were there (and who are very used to big games) it actually was pretty special.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm split on this. Although since I don't care about it I'll probably cope.

On the one hand, I think there's a difference between booing a club anthem and a country's anthem. I guess it feels bit rude to people who are either guests in our country or are welcoming our fans in theirs to boo the other country's anthem.

On the other hand, I think anybody who's that bothered by their national anthem is probably a bit of a weirdo.

/\ Nailed it, for me.

D

Deleted member 2719

They were absolutely awesome, I rarely say that as too many are usually consuming extra strong mints.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
It maybe distasteful and disrespectful but it’s not racist and people labelling it so simply undermine the fight against genuine racism. The Scottish anthem was booed but Scots aren’t a different race, simply a different nationality. Too many people attach the term racism to things now that aren’t racist at all.

Well put

I can't remember seeing a thread on here when Scotland booed our anthem.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Cuck off you funt. Never heard anything so stupid in my life. One piss off that does my head in is we having some proper snowflake fans with BHA at times, I love the booing, it makes it all the more fun. It is only a game ffs.

I'm so bloody proud tonight. That was a special special game. We look like we could actually win this thing with a very likeable team.

Booing an anthem is tinpot and childish. It is only a game, of course, but that doesn't mean you have to resort to behaving like an idiot.

An anthem is a couple of minutes for people and players to show collective pride and if a load of opposing fans boo it, that shows no class.

That's not being a 'snowflake', it's being an adult.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Although these were not in the stadium - not so proud. Collymore is correct in what he says. Not isolated incidents either. Other memes of this young girl have been doing the rounds. How old is she? 5-7 yrs old maybe? Sick and classless. Same the sad fools who persist in the bombers song. Jingoistic dated dirge from those who wouldn't have been anywhere near WW2.

[Tweet]1410066386932703236[/Tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Although these were not in the stadium - not so proud. Collymore is correct in what he says. Not isolated incidents either. Other memes of this young girl have been doing the rounds. How old is she? 5-7 yrs old maybe? Sick and classless. Same the sad fools who persist in the bombers song. Jingoistic dated dirge from those who wouldn't have been anywhere near WW2.

[Tweet]1410066386932703236[/Tweet]

Never heard anything so stupid in my life. It’s perfectly acceptable to say these individuals have a sickness but not to stereotype an entire country. Does Collymore (or you) say the same about entire foreign nations after some of their citizens behave like knobheads ? More pertinently is the same said after assorted atrocities in the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe ? Will he start tweeting about ‘a sickness in their country ?’ I note that you live in Germany, a country with a fairly significant far right presence with all the baggage that entails. Does that mean Germany has a sickness ? Of course it doesn’t because decent people outnumber these morons. This debate is just getting taken over by people pushing agendas as per usual.

Last edited:

Booing an anthem is tinpot and childish. It is only a game, of course, but that doesn't mean you have to resort to behaving like an idiot.

An anthem is a couple of minutes for people and players to show collective pride and if a load of opposing fans boo it, that shows no class.

That's not being a 'snowflake', it's being an adult.

It's being snowflake. Adults are allowed to have fun too you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's being snowflake. Adults are allowed to have fun too you know.

I’m disappointed you say this. I’m largely supportive of the stuff you post, and you post some good stuff. But there is a time to be a bit grown up and respectful and national anthems before a sporting contest is one of them.

I’m disappointed you say this. I’m largely supportive of the stuff you post, and you post some good stuff. But there is a time to be a bit grown up and respectful and national anthems before a sporting contest is one of them.

Likewise, however, I think we'll agree to disagree here for sure though. I've always enjoyed this side of football, but at the football only. Wouldn't dream of booing a national anthem during a military parade or something else of importance.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Likewise, however, I think we'll agree to disagree here for sure though. I've always enjoyed this side of football, but at the football only. Wouldn't dream of booing a national anthem during a military parade or something else of importance.

Something about being in the presence of hundreds of people with guns and bayonets tends to put people off doing that sort of thing.

I assume you're referring to remembrance type parades, otherwise the normal willy-waving military parades are much less important than a football match.

Something about being in the presence of hundreds of people with guns and bayonets tends to put people off doing that sort of thing.

I assume you're referring to remembrance type parades, otherwise the normal willy-waving military parades are much less important than a football match.

Just anything outside of football. Football is a passion, but it's certainly not something that affects my life directly apart from stress or elation!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here